*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1068182-Far-from-Normal
by Riina
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Young Adult · #1068182
A weird story about normal and special people.
To the reader:
I would really like if someone would review, and check my spellings. I'm from Denmark, and have only learned english at the school. So please tell me when something is wrong. Thanks.
And by the way, what do you think about my very short chapters? It was my intention that it, when one day published, one chapter should fill one page. Maybe it's stupid, but let me hear your thoughts about it.

-------------------------------------------------

Normal
Rain. Falling rain... Where? In her face. Drip, drop: Rain.
It was cold. Cold and wet in the grey daylight. It was the kind of weather, where normal people, hid themselves in there normal houses, or at their normal work, or under their normal umbrellas.
All in all a normal weather. Or maybe a weather that encouraged normality.
Swish! The special sound that comes when an umbrella is opened. She held it high above her head, with her pale face, and disappeared into the crowd of Normal People.

Everything was normal...


Chapter One – Jill
Jill stared down at the floor, or was it the roof? She wasn’t entirely sure. It could be the floor, but how could that be, when she lay upon her bed? Nonetheless, she wanted it to be that way.
It was a weird feeling, to lay in your bed in the ceiling, and be looking down at the floor like that. She had never tried anything like that before. A surprising discovery indeed. So far from normal.
Normal: It was such a normal word. One of those, which could ruin the magic in every situation. A word that forced you to act. Act normal.
Suddenly, she lay there again. In her bed, on the floor, and stared up into the ceiling. The ordinary, boring, white ceiling. Once again everything was normal.
She sat up.


Chapter Two – Tom
Shelves with food articles. Shelf after shelf. Row after row. People with push baskets and shopping bags, walking around between the rows, completely confused. All in a tangle.
Tom couldn’t make up his mind. Should he choose the cheep rye bread, or the more expensive one in slices? He weighed one in each hand.
For and against.
He looked around, and for a moment, he felt like being inside the minds of all the people in the mall. And only one thought was there: What shall I buy?
It shouldn’t be like that, he realized. He didn’t know in which way, or how, but it should be different. If everything just didn’t have to be so normal! A bit excitement wouldn’t be in the way.
He had to laugh at himself. What kind of thought was that? More excitement? Maybe his mum was right, when she said, that he read too much instead of going out to meet some normal people.
The insight was gone. Left was the question:
Sliced or not?


Chapter Three – Loke
The guy was desperate. It was obvious. It was too obvious, that he was running tired. After an hour on the run, his manoeuvres became slower and more dangerous.
It was always like that. It was the usual procedure, as the time went by the escapee became more reckless, and at the same time he grew tired.
Loke loved when things followed the procedure. When it did, it meant that another criminal would end up in prison. She smiled.
- We’ve got him.
At the exact same moment, the driver lost control of his vehicle, doing a crazy turn, and slammed into a street lamp.
Shortly after, an ambulance arrived, and the wounded was taken away.
It was always the same. Loke said the magic words, and the hunt was at an end.
Always the same three words:
-We’ve got him...
© Copyright 2006 Riina (mara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1068182-Far-from-Normal