*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1068727-In-The-Arms-Of-An-Angel
by Chele
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1068727
The loss of a loved one and how it affects others in different ways.
Everyone was moving impetuously to get to one place or another. Allen Beaulieu sits on the curbside amidst the extreme confusion covered with a thick gray powdery substance and debris covering the street. With a tear stained face and swollen eyes Allen stands and starts walking aimlessly. He has walked up and down the street for hours trying to find his wife with no avail. No one was able to help him locate her, it was not until three long days had passed that he got the dreaded words that his wife was one that had succumbed to an untimely death.
The apartment they shared was full of packed boxes, four days before she died Allen and his wife put a down payment on a house on the upper east side, the closing was delayed because the front deck was not up to code. Allen decided after the death of his wife not to move into the large empty house they were to share instead Allen remained in the apartment.
A tall woman asked, "Are you okay?"
Allen with a shaky voice and trembling hands he muttered, " Why my wife? , Why her? She was to young?"
" I lost my son and granddughter," said another person standing nearby.
" That maybe, but my wife and I never had the chance to start a family," Allen went on " She was a beautiful, passionate woman and would have been a good mother."
A young boy no older then twelve years old tells them all,"I lost my mom and dad and now I live with my grandma and grandpa."
"But there again your parents were able to leave a piece of themselves behind in you," Allen chirps.
" We all are grieving a loss no one is greater than the other," the tall woman remarks.
Allen starts to say something when he was stopped by a sudden silence that now surrounded the people around him including himself. A bell starts ringing, Ding, Ding it went on for a number of times, Allen counted about ten times that it had rang but may have been mistaken.
Allen lifted his head and looked at the horizon and realized that the glass structures that once shined in the early morning sun like perfectly cut diamonds were only a vivid memory.
A young girl stands upon the make shift stage and speaks into the microphone," I wrote this poem for my dad but all of us here have lost someone close to us a friend, a mom, a dad, a brother or a sister so today this poem is for all of them and she went on and read her poem and this is how it went:

" You are my friend, My Hero."
" You can bet I will never forget"
" The days we shared, the way you
showed you cared"
" But now in the night,there shines a
magnificent light."
" Who can it be, its you I see at a
perfect angle"
" You were wrapped in the arms of a
beautiful angel"

Everyone stared, eyes filled with tears and Allen suddenly realized that his wife was gone and was never coming back and he began crying uncontrollably.
© Copyright 2006 Chele (chele77 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1068727-In-The-Arms-Of-An-Angel