*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070015-choosing-a-path
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by ffej
Rated: E · Draft · Experience · #1070015
sometimes we need to choose something other than the safe comfortable path.
There is a tale of a man that comes to a fork in the road. After moments of debating to himself he chooses the road less traveled. I to have came to this similar fork in the road in the past and I as well chose the path he followed, the road less traveled. But as I traveled that road, my trip varied greatly from his. The trip had its ups and downs. It's moments of pure beauty and excitement. Images and feelings that will last a life time. I have no regrets of the choice I made to have traveled this road, but as with all roads there is an end.
I came upon the end of this great trip far too soon. I was not ready for it to end nor did I ever want it to. I stopped at the very edge of the trail and took in all the memories of what I saw, felt, heard, and touched. I turned to walk back up the path I had just came but was unable to. When I turned, that very path I had just came down was untravelable. I was lost, for i did not know in which direction to travel. I made myself comfortable there at the end of that road. As I sat there and thought about the great experience I had I realized something we all do at the end, when its to late. I enjoyed the beauty of the road I traveled down, but I didn't fully appreciate or cherish it until I came upon the end, or the end came upon me.
It was looking back at what was, that i was able to understand what i was really looking for after all. Had i choosen the other path, I would not have had the experience that has taught me so much about myself and what I want. We all face choices everyday and for the most part we choose the safe, comfortable, well traveled paths. It's not until we choose the untravel paths do we learn who we are.

© Copyright 2006 ffej (ffej1974 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070015-choosing-a-path