*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070031-Never-Underestimate-The-Desk-Chair
Rated: ASR · Article · Business · #1070031
When you must sit for long periods of time at a desk, a great chair is not optional...
I have begun the enjoyable pursuit of writing on a serious level. I write at my home computer, in my home office space, for hours on end. Perhaps, I should say..."for hours on my REAR-end!"

Beginning to feel the ill-effects of remaining seated on a less than soft surface for several consecutive hours, I was having special problems. Thankfully, my husband is a very kind-hearted sort who just yesterday took me to the local Staples and had me choose a new desk chair. I'm in Heaven!

This "High-Back Caressoft Executive Chair" by Situations was affordable and is wonderfully comfortable. It has relieved my special problems in just one day. The ultra-cushioned seat, lumbar support, the ease of adjustment, the padded arm-rests and the smooth rolling action of the casters, have improved my disposition - and even given me inspiration for this article! Now, that's a GREAT chair!

The chair was my Valentine gift. I would have received crab legs at my favorite restaurant...but I had been so crabby due to the loss of circulation in my own legs, that my husband changed his plans. Seat depth is very important when choosing a chair, especially one in which you will be spending long periods of time. This chair provides me with a seat depth of over 18 inches, which no longer causes my legs to go numb. I am able to get up from the seated position without having to wait for the blood flow to return to my lower limbs. It also provides me with a feature known as 'tilt tension', so when I want to lean back a bit to examine the piece I am working on, I can. Changing my position in this manner from time to time also helps to alleviate any pressure points. By putting a small foot rest under my feet, I am able to actually recline and the high-back of the chair supports my head and neck so well that I could (theoretically, of course) nap.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who must work at a desk. Whether you are the boss, or would just like to be...this chair will give you all of the support and comfort you desire, without hurting your budget.

The only down-side to having purchased the "High-Back Caressoft Executive Chair" by Situations, is that I am able to sit, so comfortably, for so long. It's great for my writing! It's not so great for the hubby who bought it for me!

C.L.Hanna
http://www2.Writing.Com/authors/c.l.hanna/blog
© Copyright 2006 C.L. Hanna ~ *Writer For Hire* (c.l.hanna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070031-Never-Underestimate-The-Desk-Chair