*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070465-Whatever-happened-to-Customer-Service
Rated: E · Column · Experience · #1070465
This essay describes my recent occurence at a local restaurant.
Can someone tell me whatever happened to customer-service? I am finding with many businesses that they do not believe in satisfying the customer anymore. It is simply about the money. And in some cases, that may be fine. However, when you work directly with the public and the success of your business depends solely on customers, you may want to rethink your business plan. For example, my family and I recently visited a local buffeteria for dinner over the weekend. We came in approximately an hour before the set closing time. There were several people there and a few straggled in after us. To our dismay, most of the food set out was either hard and old or gone. So I approached the hostess and asked if they were going to bring out some fresh meat. To my surprise, she said no because the kitchen was already closed. Now, this statement took me for a loop. I have never been in a restaurant and they closed the kitchen during business hours while customers were still there. So, then my husband asked to speak to the manager and she responded that the manager was gone for the night. And, the only thing that she could do to console us was to discount the lemonades that we drank. Can you imagine paying full-price for a meal when you only ate corn and lima beans because you didn't want to eat old food? It would be an understatement to say that we were very displeased. As we approached the register to pay, I commented to the hostess that they may want to prepare fresh food for their customers. And she said, "If you want fresh food then you need to come early." My mouth about hit the floor. Can you believe the audacity? I am paying for food and service and she tells me that I need to come early. And, if that is their belief then why stay open for dinner anyway? Just close up after lunch. Now I may be taking this the wrong way, but I don't believe so. Because my experiences from working in customer-service always taught me, one, that the customer is always right, and ,two, always try to cater to your customer because you may lose their business and worse that the negative statements that one has against you will travel faster than good news. Therefore, you may lose more customers just from word-of-mouth. To wrap up, always treat others the way that you want to be treated. And, for those of you working with the public, just remember to provide the best service to those who help to provide your income.
© Copyright 2006 inspired1 (inspired1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070465-Whatever-happened-to-Customer-Service