*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1072158-The-filtered-sunlight
by Tori
Rated: E · Sample · Writing · #1072158
This is just to provoke thought- It's only a writing sample
Green eyes studied a sketch intently. They were narrowed slightly as they took in each hem and every button. Whether or not the dress in the picture was to her liking remained a mystery. Each of the women's features was carefully guarded. "Do you like it?" The seastresses assistant asked, cutting into the quiet atmosphere smoothly. "Yes I suppose I do" the woman responded levely. Thoroughly confused, the petite assistant tilted her head. She had helped many women pick out dresses in her day. they had been a bit more enthusiastic than this lady.
"Well then, I'll just go show it to Pearl and then come back out for you in a few minutes so we can get measurments." She walked away and left the other women to herself in the sun filled room. The green eyed women sat down in one of the chairs. She felt patches of sun splashed across her shoulders and arms and wished it would warm her all the way through, instead of only on her top layer of skin. Her very being felt as if it had been cut from a block of ice. "What am I doing here?" she thought to herself violently, the composure of her face slipping a little in the solitude. But then she heard light footsteps coming her way down the hallway. Instantly her clouded eyes cleared and her chin came up.
© Copyright 2006 Tori (viclee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1072158-The-filtered-sunlight