*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1072159-In-Spite-of-the-Blood-3-The-8th-Sea
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1072159
Kris,Tim,and Mr.Coolihan head to China on a short cut. But run into trouble.
In Spite of the Blood 3, The 8th Sea

We had again passed through the state of California. We had a hunch backtracking would take us to China quicker. Mr.Coolihan thought that since I was a vampire the sun would burn me, so did I but, I guess not! We crossed through part of Nevada and all of California, and I didn't have one scratch on me, But Tim had to make a pit-stop every ten minutes!

Mr.Coolihan didn't ever complain, even thogh he said he was a human, so I grew suspicios. He walked through a humungous briar patch, and came out whistling! But the more I thought about it, the more I thought I was acting like a baby.

I was still a little shaky about the fact about me being a vampire and all, but now I realize why Mother always kept me inside on very hot days. She would tell me it was to hot to go outside and that the heat would burn off my fingernails, and the funny thing is, I always believed her!

We came to a shoreline at about 12:00 midnight. Mr.Coolihan,(who finnaly told us his name. It was Brian.)told us that we should find a ship or canoe and set sail. And I didn't have any problem listening since the only time I ever crossed an ocean was under a sheet smuggling myself into America. After we boarded the boat and set sail for about an hour, I seen another ship. It was called the
"ampe nter" But I could barely see it so I couldn't exactly understand the strange writing. But as it drew closer, It scared me stupidly, because the writing now read "The Vampire Hunter. And we knew that it was coming directly for...ME!

We didn't hesitate to man the artillery. Mr.Coolihan took the cannons, Tim threw bottles of whiskey, and I pushed my luck and fought with a saber I had found on board the "Queens Malitia".The men from the other ship boarded quickly and I never had any experiance with any type of sword. But still, I swung the saber hard and killed many people. Tim,on the other hand, wasn't doing so well.As a matter of fact he wasn't doing nothing at all, he was hiding, leaving all the work to me and Mr.Coolihan!

As cross-bows fired and swords clanked, the battle fought on. Then I realized a special power I had. I can bet I'm not doing all that well on it but boy did it work! As I was fighting and getting hot and sweaty, I was picturing ice cold glasses of water to drink and I couldn't stop thinking about it. Then in the middle of a tough sword fight, I shape-shifted into a humongous, hideous beast. As the scared little man stabbed me with his cutlass(which now didn't even leave the slight bit of pain)I roared and scared the man until he jumped overboard! But as I was on the ground rolling, a big, bulky man stepped up punched me in a certain spot (ouch!) and sent me rolling, screaming.

For some reason after that, the brand new supernatural power disappeared. The man then picked me up like a little baby, carried me to his own ship, and boy did he knock my lights out!

I was chained up, in a blank brown room, with my pals Mr.Coolihan and Tim,the scaredy-cat. I asked what was going on and Mr.Coolihan spoke, "Just an old grudge." He said."What grudge?, Is it against you, for what? I was confused, I thought I had been fighting good, even as beast, but I guess it wasn't good enough."It's a very mean man named Jake Tannerbury. I need to tell you Kris, your not the only vamp on this boat."

So that explained Mr.Coolihans behavior, he to was a vampire."Boy have I got a buttload of questions to ask you", I said, very excitedly. "Save them for later. We have a ship to escape from, but Kris, it's all up to you." Then I knew what I had to do, I had to turn into the vapiric-beast again to free my freinds. So I thought about the ice-water again, and once again it triggered this vampiric hormone to create an evil, gigantic monster.

I broke the chains very easily, and then saved my two other freinds. Then Mr.Coolihan spoke again," We have to find a way to get out." I had an idea,"Tim, grab three boards off of that wall." He listened."Mr Coolihan, Hang on." Then I did the unthinkable, I used all the strength I could possibly use, and I punched a hole in the bottom of the boat. My plan worked! A giant hole of water filled the boat quickly as I morphed back into a vampire. And the force sent the three of us plummeting out of the boat, into the ocean below.

As we watched "The Vampire Hunter" sunk to its murky down under and we realized we did it. So we floated on our boards Tim got us and armpaddled our way to China.
© Copyright 2006 thenewgonz (koko at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1072159-In-Spite-of-the-Blood-3-The-8th-Sea