*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1072472-Fat-Cats-Unite
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1072472
Who knew what fat cats really do when you're away at work...
Power to the fat cats! If my cat could talk, that’s what she’d say to me. Dharma is a fat cat. I’m sure you’ve seen fat cats before – roaming proudly around your neighbourhood, tail straight up in the air, belly rubbing against the ground, secretly laughing at all the skinny cats running around. Dharma is a proud fat cat. She even has a bare patch of tummy where her fur has rubbed off from dragging on the ground – she’s very proud of it. She likes to stretch out in the middle of the lawn, making sure all the other cats are getting a good view, and spend a sunny afternoon grooming her bald spot. Dharma’s got a good sense of herself – she knows she’s beautiful despite being a little pudgy and that’s important – even for fat cats.

As you can probably tell, this is a story about cats. But not just any cats. This is about fat cats, and there’s lots of those in the world, believe me! And there’s even more SMART fat cats. My Dharma is one of those. You see, I suspect Dharma is more than just a cute, chubby little furball that I happen to live with. She’s got brains, that girl! For instance, she knows how to use my computer. ‘Yeah, right!,” I can hear you saying – ‘Cats using a computer? They don’t even have thumbs.’ But I swear it’s true. I was clearing out the history file on my computer one day, and came across a website called ‘Fat Cats Unite!’. Now I’m not normally in the habit of frequenting sites about cats, let alone fat cats (even though I love my fat cat Dharma very much), so I was curious where it came from. And now I know. Seems that my sweet, chubby girl is part of an organization devoted to the cause of fat cats, with chapters all over the world. Now I know why when I come in from working all day, my Dharma is passed out asleep on my favorite chair. She’s been busily corresponding with her tubby buddies all over the world, posing for pudgy pictures pasted all over the internet via my webcam, and writing slanderous letters to the pet food companies (Iams, watch out!) about their ‘weight control’ formulas for ‘big’ kitties. I was wondering about the tufts of fur all over my keyboard – I just figured that the jump onto the computer desk tired Dharma out so much she needed to take a little nap. Hmmm... Now I know better. But, you know, I’m pretty proud of Dharma. Wow, she can use a computer, how cool is that? (She doesn’t know that I know her little secret – she’s still my fat cat, and I’m still the hand that feeds her, and that’s just fine with me). More importantly though, she knows who she is, and she’s happy with herself the way she is. She’s a fat cat. Yep – ‘Fat Cats Unite’….More power to ya, guys!!
© Copyright 2006 Ringwood (ringwood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1072472-Fat-Cats-Unite