*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1072522-Starlight-Angels--Ch1
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Religious · #1072522
The name says it all. This is about four girls who find out that they are angels.
Chapter 1: School Things

"Are you guys doing anything for the talent show, guys?" asked Bria to Corey and Rob. Corey and Rob are the best of friends: They do everything together, from being out past their curfew hour to being class clowns. Then there's Bria: She's the one who's constantly keeping them in line. You could say she's their guardian angel. Bria is also my room-mate at Cascade Boarding School. We're pretty close with two other girls by the names of Heia and Kyla. Together, we're a tight little group.
My family is fitting in quite well too. We moved to the Cascades in Washington from England.
"Yep, Corey and I are singing," declared Rob.
"Singing?" Bria asked skeptically as I came out of the library.
"Riiiiight," I added, falling into step beside Bria.
I'm Mika, by the way, and that's pronounce "ME-kuh".
Then my cell phone rang. I glanced at the caller ID to see who it was.
"Hey, Jason. Where are you and Jackson?" Jason and Jackson are my annoying little brothers. They are ten years old and in the fifth grade. Those lucky little brats got the day off today. Oh joy! What was my mother thinking leaving them home alone?! Anyway, you get the point, I think.
"Jackson and I are lost somewhere."
"Just send me a pic of your suroundings and I find you when school's over," I said, just 'slighty' annoyed. How come they got out of school but I didn't?? "And don't go anywhere until I come find you. FYI: That means absolutely NO exploring! Got that?"
"Yep, see ya, Sis," called Jackson from the background.
"Gotcha, Sis."




I haven't told anybody that I have power over time. I can fast forword through time, rewind time, slow time, and stop time...I think. Well, not really stop time, per say, I'm just moving at hyper speed.
*How did I do that time warp thing the other day? I'm totally in need of it now. I'll just rush through the day. Or I could just-*
"Time freeze!" I whispered. I glanced around the room. "Whoa," I whispered in awe. "I think it worked! Even the clock stopped." I waved a hand in front of Rob's face. The room was frozen, or slowed, so typically that ment that the whole school...whole world was affected. Here, let's bring it to a more 'down-to-earth' level. I'm moving at least ten times faster than everyone else.




"Jason?" No reply. "Jackson?" Again, no reply. I walked a little ways, into an alley that was branching off of the main road. The scene I saw made me laugh: Jason and Jackson were mid-way up a seven foot brick wall and a dog nipping at their heels. The scene was frozen, of course. *Guess I caught 'em mid-way.*
I recognized the dog as Kyla's dog, Razzberrie, so I returned her to Kyla's front yard and the I returned the boys home on the roof. After that, I made a mad dash back to the school. Once in class, I slipped into my seat. Everything was as it should be. "Deactivate time freeze!"




I was sitting in the dorm-room that Bria and I share when the door opened up and Bria walked in.
"Hey Mika! Whatcah readin'?" She walked over and sat on the edge of the bed opposite me on the left-hand side of the room.
The room's arranged so that when somebody walks into the room, there is a bed on the left, a bed on the right, and straight in from the door is a desk set up with a laptop, paper and pencils.
"The first of the Starlight Angels series. I'm at the part where the girls find out they're angels." There was a couple second pause before adding, "Bria, do you believe in angels?"

_________________________________________________

That was the end of the first chapter. How do you guys like it so far. Feel free to message me with any feedback/constructive critism that you have.

This is Pixie Stix signing off.
© Copyright 2006 Pixie Stix (star_light at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1072522-Starlight-Angels--Ch1