*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1073761-Let-Harmony-in
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by huma
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #1073761
A personal view about the importance of harmony and the plight of the modern man.
Lush green Fairy Meadows, tall snow-capped mountains, an array of murmuring cascades and the caress of the gentle breeze; all are picture perfect, standing against each other in perfect unison and dignity.
Can you hear this wonderful symphony, the rising and falling tunes, the breath taking rhythm, the soul stirring notes? The melodies mesmerize you because they are in a pleasant order that falls lovely on your ears.
And watch this! An architect’s fancy, a living legend, the matchless masonry, the arches, domes and the corrugated pillars all merge into each other, offering a treat to the spectators.
Look there! The designer’s creation; a perfect gown for the prettiest of maids, embossed with jewels, the exquisite shades, the lovely beads, the glittering fabric and the glamorous look, all blend in perfectly.

Now what do all these stand for? According to the Oxford Learner’s Dictionary: “A pleasing combination of related things,” “A state of agreement in feelings, interests and opinions,” is called HARMONY. All the charm and joys stated above reflect this very fact. The whole charisma surrounding them is created by the harmony present in the individual particles present in each; be it the harmony of colours of nature, the manifold imagination of the designer, the architect’s dream or the melodies of Mozart. The bond between the individual particles, their gravity is harmony. It keeps them together yet maintaining their separate entity. It not only keeps us going but keeps us intact too. In every era, in every field there has to be harmony not only for success but for survival as well.

We can further explore this wonderful phenomenon by taking a look at the universe around us. Look at the glorious galaxies, the shimmering stars, and the Solar system, aren’t they all capable of pulling and shoving past each other and cause doom? Despite such immense strength, they peacefully follow their respective paths, balancing each other in the bewildering universe. The universe is in perfect harmony and is thus in an eternal state of bliss. All the heavenly bodies respect each other and none gets out of balance. However if any one of them happens to get out of balance it only ends up destroying itself or is eaten up by the immense vastness; a punishment for loosing contact, for not being together, for going astray, and for violating the law of nature, i.e. harmony.

On the other hand, we the humans are but a minute grain of sand as compared to this vast maze of the universe. Yet being a part of it are we not to follow the same rule? The answer undoubtedly is in affirmative but it is yet to be seen that how far are we obeying this rule? If we take YOU for instance, you, your parents, siblings, friends, relatives, colleagues etc. isn’t it like a cobweb where each joint, despite its separate existence, is connected to the rest and ensure the existence of the whole? We all exist because we love each other, we can cope well because we have our loved ones around who are always there for us and help keep us in the orbit. The one amongst us who looses contact, looses his entity, becomes a fallen star, a lost planet or a burnt up meteor, a sufferer due to getting out of the cycle. When one is out of harmony he is out of life. This lifelessness might be physical but is more drastically spiritual or moral. The perfect jigsaw of life would never be the same if some of the pieces are changed into indifferent parents, callous siblings, brutal fellows or hostile colleagues. We might be able to put the pieces together to complete the picture but it will never carry that subtle charm which it would otherwise.

Harmony plays the key role in human relationships providing balance and counter balance to keep us going. In fact the whole world is functioning only due to this one bond. Be it technical, mechanical, social, political or emotional, every field requires harmony among its various aspects or components for proper functioning. One note out of the tune and the whole melody will change meaning, one step out of the orbit and you are reduced to a lost comet, a burned meteor. The tragedy however remains that this is exactly where the modern man is heading. From a thinking, breathing, hopeful and helpful being to mere space debris, fallen out of the system, clueless and following his instincts in a blind unquenchable thirst of gain. And the irony is that he is choosing this path himself. What can be more pathetic than the fact that we are discovering the harmony existing between the atoms and the molecules but on the way we are loosing our own reason for living? We are leaving behind the gravity that pulled us to our fellow beings, the magic that kept us intact in face of hardships, the love that gave us life and the co-operation that made us what we are. We are rather making an effort towards that state of vacuum where we are weightlessly floating away from each other. We are ignoring the fact that there is no gravity in vacuum, and we might never be able to hold on to complete the picture. We are loosing our nucleus and we are happy to let go of it. Loss of harmony is synonymous to devastation just like the violation of any other law of nature.

The picture may seem too bleak but we still have some time before complete extinction. We have a chance to re-discover our nucleus before changing into another fallen star. When we could explore the harmony of elements why the same knowledge can’t be imparted upon ourselves to enjoy life? We are still in the system, we are not lost altogether. There is time before we turn to ashes completely. Thanks to the Almighty our orbit is intact as well as our vision. Let’s use the vision and get back to our glittering galaxy, survive as humans with feelings, emotions and affections and not be automatons. Let harmony rule, let nature in!
© Copyright 2006 huma (rafiatahseen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1073761-Let-Harmony-in