*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1074936-The-Circle
by locke
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Action/Adventure · #1074936
another story, that i'm in the middle of, hope you all like. RATE PLEASE!
The Circle

Prologue - 2195 BC Egypt, Giza

The blast was heard for miles around, the air was blackened for days, many died. In modern standards the explosion had roughly the power of several atomic bombs. But it seemed the god of the underworld; Osiris would have to wait a very long time to arise once more.

An Egyptian seer prophesied the return of Osiris. The prophecy was written down for the return of the protector of the earth who would be born around the time that the earth was in danger. And the unique mark was to be unleashed on he who would be that protector.

Osiris, the god of the underworld lay dormant, silent, sleeping for age upon age until, 4000 years later…

Chapter 1 – 2005 AD New York City

Professor Leo Truman stood at the front of the seminar,
“…The religious beliefs of the ancient Egyptians were the dominating influence in the development of their culture, although a true religion, in the sense of a unified theological system, never existed among them.”
“But, surely all the archeological finds coming out of Egypt must prove some kind of unified system?”
“No, The Egyptian faith was based on an unorganized collection of ancient myths, nature worship, and innumerable deities, for example can anyone name me a god that had no connection to an animal or a living thing?”
The room was silent.
“As I thought. Also if you want more proof, a few years back an archeologist, in Lower Egypt found an inscription below the statue of a man with a falcons head, claiming to be Horus.”
“Oh yeah, wasn’t that you’re ex, professor?”
Everyone laughs.
“But another archeologist” continued the professor ignoring the comment “found another inscription alleging to be Horus in higher Egypt this was below a crude statue of an infant with a finger over his lips. Who’s Horus?”
“The falcon of course.” answers a student.
“How do you know.”
“Because everyone agrees that Horus was a falcon or was depicted in some way as a falcon.”
“Ah, yes, but that is only an agreement, that does not mean that Horus was a falcon, I’m afraid that the agreement of the modern world, is, at it’s best, only an agreement. Class dismissed.”

“Hey mike, are you ever going to beat me?” asked Leo while smacking the shuttlecock down to earn himself another point
“Yeah one day I’m just biding my time, you wait” replied Professor Michael walker, from the linguistics department.
“I think you still need to lose a couple of pounds though.”
“Hey, if I wanna have a double cheeseburger and some fries everyday that’s my choice,” shouted walker, while aiming for the shuttlecock and missing.
“Damn.”
“I think that’s my game mike, sorry about that.” Added Leo seeing his opposition’s face.
“Same time next week Leo, and your ass is mine you can count on it.” Finished the linguistics expert.
“Yeah okay.”

At 3 o’clock on a Friday afternoon professor Leo Truman finished his last lecture of the day on Egyptian mistranslation. And was close to making his escape home.
“Excuse me sir, I’m looking for a professor Truman, do you know where I might find him?” asked a suit.
“Err, about twelve paces in front of you,” replied the professor, closing his brief case with a snap. “How can I help?”
“Well...err…I don’t exactly have the security clearance to know, my mission is find you and bring you to my commanding officer.”
“And who is your commanding officer?” asked the professor.
The agent paused.
“The president of the United States.”

Chapter 2 – Washington D.C.

Ihave not had a good day, thought the president of the United States, James B. Johnson. Argh, augments with the Chinese, the Iranian’s, the French, the Canadian just about everyone, and now this!
“John, what the hell am I looking at?” asked POTUS,
“That, sir, is well, our scientist’s say it’s a gigantic energy reading above the great pyramid, near Cairo.” Replied Jonathan Evans, the secretary of defense.
“And why, are you showing me this?”
“Because…the amount of energy you are seeing is equal to that of all our nuclear strength.”

“Are you sure it’s me your looking for?” asked Professor Truman, “I mean you could be wrong, right?”
“Is your First name Leo, sir?” asked the man on the left.
“Yes.” Replied Leo, in an expectant way.
“And is your second name Truman, sir?” asked the, man on the right.
“Yes, but-”
“Then you are who we want.” Finished the man in front, this was not an answer, it just…was.
The car fell silent.
“What are your names?” asked the Prof.
“Our names aren’t important.” Somehow, Leo knew that was going to be the answer he decided to give them his own names. The one to his left was a tall, lanky, beanpole of a man, with an incredibly polished head. The Prof. wittily named him Carrothead. The man to his right was small, fat with a chubby face and incredibly dark sunglasses. Leo named him Blackeye. The final man in front reminded him of a man who needed to be put away for the safety of the world, Leo dubbed him Straightjacket.
“We’re here.” Said Straightjacket.
“Oh, that’s great Straight-” Leo paused. “I mean-…Okay.”
© Copyright 2006 locke (g0163 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1074936-The-Circle