*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1075336-Cover-Letter-for-Level-Up
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Writing · #1075336
Required cover letter for the Publishers, Inc. contest.
Saturday, February 25, 2006

Dear Ms. Wendie,

         I am writing to introduce my short story "Level Up" to Publishers, Inc. for consideration in an upcoming edition of Publication.

         The story follows two characters in a fictional massively multiplayer online role-playing game as they try to uncover each other's secret motives. When the game becomes more than a diversion, one of them will face a life-or-death choice.

         The content is aimed at readers in the 14-to-25 age group, does not contain profanity or sexual innuendo, and does not presuppose that the reader is familiar with computer gaming. The key interest of the story lies in the tension between the main characters and the surprise contained in the ending.

         I am a 25-year-old student who resides in New Jersey. My previous experience includes two years as a staff reporter/copy editor of the My College student newspaper. My works have been published in Literary Magazine, and I have been interviewed by the Philadelphia Inquirer for my participation in National Novel Writing Month.

         Attached please find my SASE as well as a disposable copy of my story "Level Up." Your time and consideration is much appreciated.

With warmest wishes,

Bluestone
© Copyright 2006 Bluestone (bluestone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1075336-Cover-Letter-for-Level-Up