*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079264-Metaphor
by stubby
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Inspirational · #1079264
me ranting on about my life and hesitation
Why did I let my life get to this point? I seem to remember what started it. like the first of one hundred thousand dominos crashing into the second and so on and so forth until we reach this moment. Was it God? Time? YOU!?!?! I can feel my empathy slowly being drained as i try to give it mouth to mouth, but i can't find where the hose leads. I scribble on this paper in some attempt to vent and cope with my problems, but what good will it do if the whole world doesn't read it? There's a hornet in this room. Near the brink of death. It looks wounded, disoriented, much like myself. Do i kill it? or do i open a window for it in some act of kindness? in the few seconds it took me to write that the decision was made. hesitation is the same as death. knowing this how do i explain my beating heart? Wait, now it's gone...i look up to see it crawling around on the window. I slide it open . The insect finds the edge of the pane(pain) and is free. free to go out into the harsh cold air. why would it want that over the warmth and comforth it has? because it wants to fly? because it's a stupid bug with a tiny brain? or because it wants to survive and knows there is nothing here for it? Funny...i have so much in common with a hornet.
© Copyright 2006 stubby (stubbz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1079264-Metaphor