*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1080333-Betty-the-Butterfly
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1080333
It is a good story for young children about a butterfly with no wonderful colours on it!
Betty lived in a garden secretly, with her mum, dad and anoyying boastful sister.
Next door neighbour's garden was under construction, so all the butterflies who lived there, came to live with them.
Oh, how she would love to have some colour! All she had was a plain dark brown, while ever other butterfly had dazzling colours all over them.
'I'm the ugly duckling,' she thought one day as she sobbed amongst a couple of leaves.
At school, her class-mates had teased her for as long as she could remember..One day, butterflies called her more rude names as ever.
'THAT'S IT! I can't take it any more!' She fluttered away one dark night, her intention was not to go back.
She lay down next to a big tree, and sniffed,'Oh, I will never be beautiful in...' she dozed off to sleep at that very moment.
The next morning as she woke up, she was very surprised. Never in her life had she seen a black, shiny tree which was very, very wide!
She flew up and up, wondering if it was a tree after all!
But, what she saw was most extra-ordinary! A pot of gold!
She flew up to the arch in the middle of the rainbow and slid down, very fast as she splashed into a multicoloured lake. She looked at herself at a shiny surface....no, it couldn't be....
SHE HAD CHANGED COLOUR!
She flew back very happily to her proper home, in the garden into a dul atmosphere....
'you're back!' yelled everyone, wiping away tears.
They were very suprised indeed at the
~New colourful Betty the butterfly~!
THE END
© Copyright 2006 Shamima (ukshamima at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1080333-Betty-the-Butterfly