*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1080458-Anyone-hungry-for-Christ
Rated: E · Editorial · Religious · #1080458
This entry is my interpretation of what it's like to be Christian in college.
I've reached a point in my life where I want to fulfill the will of God. That means that I want to bring people to Christ. I'm having a real hard time with that right now because not many college students want to hear about God. If it's not one extreme it's another. For example, you have those people who already have a personal relationship with God and they live their lives representing God in all they do. Then, there are the people who are Christian on Sunday, but then have relapes throughout the week. I'm not trying to judge anyone. I just don't want to be a "fake Christian." I'm only human and I know we all make mistakes...but is it right to consciously sin and tell God you didn't mean to when you had every intention in your heart to do so?
I'm not gonna lie, because I've been there. I have issues and I'm glad I've talked to God about those things, but sometimes I feel as though I'm not listening to Him. It's hard to be about God's work if I'm fulfilling the desires of the flesh- so what do I do? Surround myself with other Christians? Resist my urges to curse and gossip? That's a lot to do.
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."- Philippians 4:13
But is it possible for you to go to church every Sunday, read the Bible, pray and still not know God for yourself? I believe that can happen. And that's why there are so many "fake Christians." The Bible says we should all fulfill the Great Comission: go, ye therefore and teach the Gospel (paraphrase)... but what am I to say?
I believe God will give me the words when I talk to others about His goodness, but I must wait patiently and be attentive to His voice.
Does anyone feel as though there's much work to be done in the world and in the Christian church?
I want to be a solider for Christ, so I'm ready to fight the good fight!
© Copyright 2006 Carizma (carizma_j at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1080458-Anyone-hungry-for-Christ