*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1085527-Wanna-know-more-about-me
Rated: 18+ · Non-fiction · Personal · #1085527
Things you, apparently, want to know about me :)
*Witch*



You stopped by here for a reason, am I right? *Bigsmile*



A trip to New York



Yes, the first thing you saw was me. I don't know who the girl is though. *Wink*
It's my Portfolio, I can put up anything I want, maybe even your picture. *Wink*
But, if you stopped by to get to know me better.. read some more and enjoy your stay.



"The long Journey This would be the short version of my life up until now. Check it out!


Age:

Actually it's rude to ask a lady her age, but here it is anyway 28, 32, 35, 42, 43. *Sad* Oh, how the years go by.


Gender:

Female (a tomboy at heart)


Birthday:

November 10th, Scorpio; and proud of it! Even got a tattoo to prove it.. can't show it. *Bigsmile*


Looks:

I hardly ever wear make up but you don't want to see me in the morning!


Hair color:

Originally, brown. Then black, violet, blond, orange.. I get bored easily. I'm sticking with my original brown hair for right now that's sprinkled with gray.


Eyes:

Dark brown


Height:

5'5 or 5'4 the people who gave me my drivers license keep making me shorter! *Angry*


Weight:

This is a question no one should ever ask! Ever!


Favorite color:

Blue, most of the time.


Languages spoken:

Bosnian (Serbo-Croatian), German and English (these days mostly English only). I'd like to learn many more but I'm too lazy to do it.


Occupation:

A former Dental Assistant. Six years later, I went in a completely different direction and decided to be a Flight Attendant. Both jobs were cool and educational, to say the least. Went back to dental assisting for a while, before getting married and working alongside my husband at a Slaughterhouse. *EyesLeft* Not something others would consider as fun, but I enjoyed it. Now that that part is somewhat over - you'd have to read my blog to find out more - I am enjoying a bit of freedom and not working.


Bad habits:

I love to eat! However picky I am, sweets and junk food are on my top list of foods. Coca-cola is right there next to it. *Laugh* I can't wake up without it. I think that's the worst part of me. I also like to fold my right leg under my butt and sit on it. I'm not sure why, but it's comfortable. I also love to gamble. *Rolling* I've learned to control the habit.


Good habits:

I'm a very responsible person. I care a lot about other people; sometimes it's not such a good thing, but I can't help it. I choose my friends wisely and don't allow just anyone into my life. Through life's experiences, I've learned that not everyone is your friend simply because they say they are.


Favorite foods:

Wasn't I just talking about this? *Laugh* Italian food. Anything pasta! Pizza!


Food I don't like:

Vegetables! Okay, granted with age, I've learned to eat a carrot or two and it hasn't done me any harm. I'm not a huge fan of Chinese, but if it's a really decent restaurant, I'd give it a try.


Favorite time of year:

Depends on the country. I'm starting to love the hot, humid summers in Missouri. Winters are the best in Germany. Lots of snow. I would still pick autumn over other seasons.


Favorite City/Cities:

With all my traveling, it's hard to decide. Each city has something different, even though most big cities seem so much alike. I love Burlington, Vermont, and Portland, Maine in the summers. They are nothing alike though. Burlington reminds me a lot of Europe. It even smells like it; the air is clean, fresh, with trees and woods everywhere around. It's a quiet city where people preserve everything and anything they can. Church Street is a great place to do some shopping and walking around and you'll get the feel you're in Europe because the street is closed up for cars. It's a very environment-friendly city with a beautiful scenery.

Portland on the other hand, has the smell of salt in the air mixed with a hint of fresh fish by the harbor. The old Port, which is the old downtown of Portland, has plenty to offer. Shops of all sorts, restaurants that offer more than just seafood, the fish market, ferries which will take you to the islands, local bars; all kinds of quirks. It's a friendly place to visit. Although, if you don't like the cold, avoid both these places in winter time. It can get brutal.

San Francisco is a place we don't travel to but I had the chance to spend a few days there on vacation and I have to say that that city is all that it's cracked up to be. The reason why I wanted to visit that particular city was ignited by reading too many Daniele Steel books. I could always picture the place but never in the world have I imagined it to be so beautiful. The weather isn't your picture perfect summer time. The wind is chilly and it rarely gets over 80 degrees but the view of the city on a clear day is amazing. I have to admit I fell in love with it at first sight. I stayed for four days and I still didn't manage to see it all so I'm hoping to go back again, sometime.

Chicago is also a place one really should visit. The Sears Towers who are apparently about to change the name, are amazing and the view is a little bit different than I'd thought, but I'll let you decide for yourself when you go there. There are plenty of places to see once you get to Downtown and one day isn't going to be enough.

There are many more places I'd recommend, like San Antonio, the River-walk, Denver, Norfolk, Virginia, Jacksonville, Florida as well as some other but it'd be too much to write it all here.


Sports I like:

While younger I used to love soccer. Then I switched to NBA, mostly because of Dennis Rodman. However, as time goes by, I'm not as intrigued by any sport.


Sport I dislike:

American football and baseball (sorry!), dislike Boxing - never saw the point of that sport.


Sports I was involved in:

Tennis, Karate, Folklore (dancing), running.


Activities I still do:

Tennis was always a big passion so I do it whenever I get the chance. Bike riding, Skating, Rollerblading. My favorite is traveling.


Other hobbies:

Reading will always be the biggest passion of all. I have over thousands of books in my house and I love the fact that I can just pick one out and read it whenever I feel like it. I hate libraries. My problem is returning the books I love. So, instead of going to library, I buy my own and keep them. There's nothing better than the smell of a book and no matter how many gadgets people come up with to read a book through a computer, I'll never buy it. It simply isn't the same.

I'm a collector you could say. I have numerous key chains from different places, as well as snow-globes and shot glasses. I learned to slow down though. *Bigsmile* It can get expensive. Love to work with beads and make friendship bracelets as well. Scrap-booking is a lot of fun, too, as long as I have the time. Making those can be very time consuming and I'd hate to make it just to make it.


Things I like to do when I have a minute of free time:

First off, what's free time? *Rolling*

As you can see I have plenty of things to keep me busy. Still, there's always time to find other things to preoccupy a person. I discovered that I enjoy cooking but also realized that I don't go by the cook book. I think of something and simply add the indigence that seem to work with it. So far, no one has died complained about my cooking. Guess you could say I like to experiment. *Laugh* Nowadays, take out is also a good choice.


Books I like:

Romance would be my #1 choice when it comes to books. I am a big dreamer after all and historical romance is something one doesn't really get to experience. Books that contain anything out of the ordinary such as magic, non-existent, vampires, I enjoy reading it. Stephen King has managed to creep into my collection and I have to say, I love the way he writes. Diana Gabaldon and Nora Roberts are my favorites at the moment!


Movies:

Anything! No docu/drama. Favorite movie I'd say Only you with Robert Downey Jr. and Marissa Tomey, just because it's a fairy tale in modern life. There are better movies, action movies included. I love The Last Samurai and Troy.


Favorite actor:

The one and only Johnny Depp *Blush* There are many great actors, I just chose this one, because I've had a crush on him for the longest time ever.


Favorite actress:

Tough one. Jodie Foster and Kathrine Zeta-Jones possibly.


Things I like or enjoy:

I have a very playful personality. I'm also the 'go with the flow' kind of gal. I enjoy anything romantic, fun, exciting. I'm not much of a dare devil, but I like to try things out that seem out of my league. Life itself is something one should enjoy. I love presents that don't require a special occasion. Little things in life make me happy.


Things I hate:

Hate is such a strong word! I don't waste my time hating.


Animals I like:

Cats, dogs (especially Huskies), dolphins, tigers, koala bears.


Animals I'm afraid of:

No way am I telling you this! You might want to scare me!


Conclusion:

Full of life! If you can sweep me off my feet, I'll follow you to the end of the world. The simple moments are the most precious ones in my life. Enjoying life to the fullest for as long as I can.

With that said, I enjoy my quiet yet busy life in the country along with my husband and our precious little daughter, Daisy. Not to forget, my Siamese heartbreak of a cat, Tarzan, the two most annoying yet adorable Australian shepherds, Panda and Lucy. The roaming chickens, the ducks, a somewhat chunky female horse, an old and grouchy pony, as well as a rather quiet donkey.

And while life is never perfect and you cannot be happy all the time nor forever, this is my happy slice of life. I prefer the sounds of nature rather than the busy and noisy life of a city.


A note from the Author:

You can comment, judge, whatever makes you happy.

I can be very difficult at times, stubborn, emotional, but more often than not, I'm a fun person to be around. *Bigsmile* You don't have to share my view on anything, but that's what makes us special and individual.





© Copyright 2006 Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm (geja8856 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1085527-Wanna-know-more-about-me