*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1086274-Ringed
by Tommy
Rated: 18+ · Non-fiction · Biographical · #1086274
Finding out the hard way.
When I was 16 he came for me. A bottle of Jack in hand and a look of rage in his eyes. He pounded on my front door, his hands clenched in anxiousness. My father peered through the window and turned with a sarcastic grin on his face and said, It's for YOU! I went to the door and opened it and there he stood shifting his weight from leg to leg. His dark hair falling around his brow and his eyes staring at my father behind me.

You did this to him!
I am taking him with me!

My father turned to me with a smile and said, BYE.

We walked to the car waiting outfront and I slipped into the passenger seat, still unaware of what was about to unfold. He got into the driver's seat and we drove off. We sat in silence for a moment uncertain of what to say to eachother. So he offered me a drink. I took the bottle in my hands and took a swig, spitting the brown liquid all over the dash of the car. He snatched the bottle from my hands and held it menacingly in my direction and said, This is a man's drink.

Where are you taking me?

Someplace safe.

We drove towards the beach passing tall resort hotels untill we came to the one he wanted. He led me through the hotel's corridors full of bright lights untill we came to the room.

69

He unlocked the door and we went inside. Waiting there in the main room was a woman. He shoved me in the small of my back towards her shouting, Is this HIM, is this the one YOU want! She became upset and started shouting.

He is just a child.

I pleaded with them to stop, but he pushed her and slapped her in the face. He commanded me,

Sit down.
Cover your eyes.

So I sat in the chair resting my elbows on the breakfast table, holding my face in my hands, listening to them scream.

I hate you!

So... I'm going to the liquor store.

It's alright he's gone you can open your eyes now. She pulled me up from the chair and led me into the bedroom and pulled me gently on top of her.

It's okay don't be afraid.
Do you like this?

From the corner of the room an image sat drinking mercilessly from his bottle. His contempt growing his rage consuming. The room became heady with fear as he raced towards the bed. I rolled away from him as he snatched the woman up, as a scream parted her lips. She was beside herself, her hands by her head, her fingers curled back. His hands on her shoulders shaking her violently. I lept from the bed and curled my fists up and swung blindly at him. But I missed and hit her. He laughed uncontrollably.

Nice shot, your supposed to hit me you dope.

Oh...

Is she out?

No.

"Clunk" the bottle struck the back of her head and she crumpled to the floor.

Help me throw her off the balcony.

No, No, don't!

Do you love her...
I'm going to throw YOU off the balcony...

She began to stir and sob quietly in a crumpled heap on the floor. The man became nervous and told me to help pick her up. We got her to her feet and she kept asking,

What Happened?




© Copyright 2006 Tommy (thesius at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1086274-Ringed