*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1086423-Ch2-The-Oracle
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1086423
REVISED: Now contains Lucifer, Kizuato, and Ketsueki!
         I awoke to water running soothingly down my arm, washing away the dry, flaking blood which caked my wound. Opening my eyes, I found a young woman leaning over me, concern in her eyes.

         "Oh, thank Kiera! You're finally awake! You've been out for quite a while, three whole days almost. With all that blood you lost, it's a good thing Mamoru found you when he did," the girl said beaming, her high pitched voice squealing with excitement.

         "Um, who're you?" I asked, bewildered, my voice coming out in almost a whisper, due to my parched throat.

         "Me? I'm Kara, nice to meet you, Chosen One," she said and kissed me on each cheek, a smile appearing on her bright face. I looked at her in confusion. Though this girl was strange, she was rather pretty. Her long, wheat colored hair draped down her back, whilst her chocolate brown eyes stared into my own. She had a rather dark complexion and a lean figure. It seemed almost everything about her was dark, except for her hair. Kara wore a long brown dress that looked to be made of wool, which I noticed that I had also been changed into a similar outfit.

         "Ah, okay Kara. Nice to meet you too... but please, don't call me Chosen One. It sounds kinda... well, odd. Plus, I'm definitely not the Chosen, believe me." If I was the Chosen, I would eat my hat, not that I had a hat... but that was beside the point. There was no way I could be the Chosen. I had no particular talents, and did not even make the top fifty academically out of my class. And, like Ketsueki had mentioned, I was kind of on the scrawny side.

         "No use being modest, Chosen One! You're the only person Mamoru would bring here, let alone save. But, if you'd rather I not call you Chosen One, then what would you have me call you?" Kara asked, perplexed, her thin lips pursing in a frown.

         I chose to just go along with what Kara was saying, since there seemed to be no use in trying to debate with her. "You can call me Sentaku, if you'd like. Anyways, where's the guy who helped me out? I'd like to thank him, if that's alright?"

         Kara looked at me hesitantly, as if she was unsure whether she should tell me or not. While waiting for her answer, I took a look at my surroundings, wondering if perhaps he was in here and I had just missed him. It was a humble cabin of sorts, dusty with cobwebs draped across the corners, making it appear as if the place had not been cleaned for a lengthy period of time. An enormous desk was positioned against the wall in front of me, antique looking, its dark wood contrasting with the lighter wood of the cottage. Paper turned yellow from age was strewn along the top of the desk. Looking back, to the rear of the small building, thick mounds of yellow hay were stacked on top of each other, along with several medium sized bags of what looked to contain some sort of food. A mouse hole was spotted in the right portion of the room, a door towered beside it, leading to the outside, I reckoned, according to the light I noticed peering beneath the shut door. As I surveyed the area around myself, I spotted the sword I had previously found, Kiera's sword. Next to it a bowl of water had been placed, as well as rag filled with tiny holes, and a crusty loaf of stale bread. I glanced again at Kara, then heard the sound of the door squeaking open, its hinges rusty from disuse.

         "Well, it seems you've come to. How are you feeling? Does the arm pain you much?" a young man said as he entered the dusky cabin. I assumed he was Mamoru.

         He was as dark as Kara, but had short black hair and even blacker eyes. His muscular frame filled the door way, blocking out much of the blinding light from behind him. He was tall, about six foot one, and seemed to be only a few years older than I, maybe eighteen at the most. He wore a simple, yet elegant blue and white robe, which covered his torso and his lower body, but left his arms bare.

         "I'm all right..." I said, and then winced as pain shot down my arm. I smiled half-heartedly at him, grasping my arm in hopes that the pain would leave me. He came towards me, kneeling by my side and removing my hand. Slowly, he lowered his hand upon my arm, muttering something under his breath, just as he had when he'd saved me from Ketsueki. Slowly, the pain dwindled away; Mamoru removed his hand and looked into my eyes. "Are you sure you're all right? I think you should rest more. I'll prepare for tomorrow, you just get some rest," after saying this, he continued out one of the doors. And so I slept, almost like one drugged... yet I dreamed as one awake...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*


         Lucifer walked through the elaborate halls of his castle. Golden frames enclosed detailed portraits of famous demons long past and present. Torches lined the hall way, casting their fiery rays on Lucifer's dark face. His eyes glinted, showing orange yellow, while the light reflected off of his long, wavy ebony hair. Lucifer was dressed as befitting his position. A silver and black sleeveless tunic, embroidered with bright red roses, fit snuggly about his torso, insinuating his muscular build, while gold and silver chains linked across his back in a complicated, yet beautiful design. Tight black leggings covered his thighs and calves; rough black leather boots wrapped around his legs, ending at his knees. Lucifer was the epitome of fashion in his lands.

         He was on his way to the throne room to attend a meeting with Ketsueki; or, as he liked to call him, Blood. Since Ketsueki was a vampire, the name Blood just seemed to fit him perfectly. Reaching his destination, Lucifer began to think about the Prophecy; what had it really meant? Well, he was about to find out some more information on it, or so he hoped. He entered the vast room, grinning at the sight of Kizuato, his best friend, who was at the moment annoying their dreary guest. The room in which he stood was filled with candles and the walls and ornaments were silver, black, or gold in theme.

         "Blood, come on, just one more hand of pizal?" Kizuato asked Ketsueki with a big lop-sided smile on his face. Kizuato was almost the opposite of Lucifer in appearance. His short, golden blonde hair draped over his face, giving him the appearance of a playful child. He had eyes like molten lava, a deep, yet bright, burning red. The two were even opposites in the type of clothes they wore. Kizuato was wearing a bright tunic, the colors consisting of red, yellow, and orange. They were rather vibrant in comparison to Lucifer's own clothes. Outlined on the colorful tunic was an elaborately embroidered flame. Also worn was a crimson cape, which hung well below its owners knees. Pants of white velvet were clasped about Kizuato's legs, but ended just short of his knees, showing off his healthy tan. The boots were also odd; they started as normal red sandals, yet they had ties that were wound about his calves. The mens' personalities also differed. Kizuato was always playful and flirtatious, while Lucifer was always somewhat serious and solitary, yet they were the greatest of friends.

         Ketsueki was probably the most down-dressed of them all. He'd come to the meeting in a dark brown cape, simple black tunic, and black leggings, along with brown leather boots to match the cape. He flipped his red hair back, a frown of distaste apparent on his lovely face, and replied "No, thank you. Sad to say, I'm not one for childish games right now."

         "Aww," Kizuato pouted, his lower lip set forward in mock disdain. "But you always say 'no'! When will you ever play with me?" He let out a sigh and sat inelegantly in one of the silver antique chairs positioned at the flamboyant golden table.

         Lucifer smirked at his friend's little episode, knowing the man was only trying to amuse himself. "I'll play with you next time, how 'bout that, Kizuato?" He chuckled as both men jumped to their feet, apparently not having noticed his presence.

         Ketsueki bowed curtly, his green eyes glinting. "Good day, King Lucifer. I have come as you wished, and I must say, I've acquired some information you may find useful." Kizuato looked over at Ketsueki with curious eyes.

         "Oh? Is that so? Well then, out with it!" Lucifer responded, wondering what his accomplice had discovered. He took a seat at the back of the large table, motioning for the other two men to be seated.

         Ketsueki nodded, then after sitting down, began his explanation, "It seems the Chosen of Kiera has been found."

         Kizuato whistled as Lucifer frowned, unhappy about what he was hearing. "Who is he?"

         "It's a she, not a he. Her name is... Sentaku."

         "A girl? Hah, and I was hoping the new Chosen would be a woman, how ironic. Well then, where is she from? Do you have any idea where she is right now?"

         Ketsueki leaned back in his chair, letting his long hair fall across his face. "I have no idea where the girl is from. However, I do know that she is with her Protector in Meina."

         Lucifer looked at Ketsueki suspiciously. "How did you know about all of this?"

         "I found her. I was at Kiera's shrine because I was trying to find the pendant, but instead, I discovered her. She's not much of a threat, in fact, she's quite weak looking, and seems to have amnesia or something of the sort. She doesn't know a thing about Rencarou."

         "How come you didn't restrain her?" Lucifer glared at him, starting to think the man lax in his responsibilities in their truce.

         "I tried, her Protector got in the way though. You know Protector's powers are enhanced when their Chosen is in danger," he looked to the side, his hair hiding his face completely now. "I've sent Uragiru to intercept them should they try and leave their country."

         "Good. Now, we need to know more about the Prophecy's and about this new Chosen. Kizuato, would your humble mistress accept our presence?" Lucifer asked as he turned towards Kizuato, noticing the peculiar look on his friends face.

         Kizuato was silent for a moment, his usual cheerful face drawn in a frown. "I doubt she'd mind, besides, we need her help. Come, follow me."

         All three men were silent as they walked the narrow corridor, finally it branched off to the right, and they found themselves at a door. Kizuato tapped gently on the vibrant mahogany wood, and hearing a soft voice approve their entrance, pushed the door open.

         Kizuato's mistress, Lady Tiea, sat atop many ornate and brightly colored pillows. Lady Tiea was Kizuato's pride and joy. She was a voluptuous woman, with pert red lips, luxurious amber hair down to her slim waist, and a body to die for. She was also as outrageous a dresser as he. A purple and red kimono melded itself against her body. Fearsome black and green dragons adorned its length, snarling at the on-looker.

         Lady Tiea smiled at them. As she looked at each of them, her forest green eyes finally met Ketsueki's emerald ones, causing a look of puzzlement to cross her elegant face, but she quickly hid the expression. "Welcome, King Lucifer, Lord Kizuato, and... Sir Blood," she hesitated as she said the last name. "What brings you to my room?" She asked, playing with the petals of a white rose lying next to her.

         Lucifer approached her, and taking her hand he said, "We'd like you to look into some things for us with your ability, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, Tiea?" He kissed her hand gently; this had been the way Lucifer had always greeted his childhood friend.

         She gave him a small smile, then looked at Kizuato, "Of course, now what is it you need to know?"

         Kizuato sat next to her, sinking into a huge black velvet cushion. "We'd like to find out more about 'Sentaku' she is Kiera's new Chosen. Also, if possible, could you tell us more about the Prophecies, sweetling?"

         "I can tell you much about Sentaku, as well as the people around her, but I cannot tell you more about the Prophecies... My apologies, my love."

         "It is fine, dear one. We'll take anything you can tell us about Sentaku." He gave her a reassuring smile as she grasped his hand.

         The other two men sat beside Kizuato and his mistress, making themselves comfortable.

         Lady Tiea's eyes glazed over, and she began to speak in a low monotone voice, "Sentaku, Chosen of Kiera, is from another world, entirely different from our own. Her world is polluted, corrupt, much like this one will become in years time, if the Savior does not come. She shall change all of your lives. She is the destined one to change this world, and the course of its very existence, yet, in this task she will not be alone. The Protector, the Betrayer, the Shamed, the Abandoned, and many others will be her companions and shape the world with her. They are essential to her existence in this world. Yet, I know not whether she is the Savior, that information is hidden from my eyes..." Lady Tiea's blank expression finally changed, a mask of horror now covered her face. "The alternate future is bleak, not because of the King Lucifer, but because of something else. What is it that has come here...?" She turned toward Ketsueki, her hand reaching out, her eyes looked through him, unseeing. "You, what are you? Are you really a vampire? I know you are a Chosen... yet you feel different than the others. What are you...?" At those last words, Lady Tiea fell back, collapsing. Kizuato caught her in his arms, his expression being one of concern.

         Ketsueki stared at the unconscious form, completely speechless for the first time in his life. What had this woman meant? He was what he was. Vampire King and Chosen of Oiera... He gathered his composure, becoming still and silent as he began to think upon what the woman had told them. Betrayer... was his own servant going to turn against him? He decided he'd best keep a watchful eye out.

         Lucifer glanced at Ketsueki, noticing the change in the mans demeanor, then caught Kizuato's eyes, wondering what to do. Kizuato shrugged, passing a gentle hand over Lady Tiea's forehead to make sure she was alright, for her 'seeing' power was quite taxing on her frail woman's body. At least they'd found out some useful information about the girl...
© Copyright 2006 Neko ♥ Away (ketsuekineko at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1086423-Ch2-The-Oracle