*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1088150-The-Lonely-Road
Rated: E · Prose · Educational · #1088150
Where are my childhood friends?
The Lonely Road!



I feel lonely and I hate this feeling. I just don’t like to be alone. I need to feel someone next to me or around me to continue my gulping of air; or else I would feel down in the dumps. You know not about the great bounty that the Lord has bestowed upon us by making our souls love and admire each other; it is a pleasant feeling. As a mater of elucidation it is a warm, lasting emotion that feeds my ego, strength and all the necessary stuff to keep my fragile, restless heart kicking, kicking and kicking. Motionless I befall on the lonely road once I am alone and that disturbs my intelligence.

Traveling along with my twin brother and checking on his worksites, to see how the workers are advancing in their jobs, gives me a profound joy in no time. Once again, sensing someone is sitting next to me or even watching me is irresistible passion. I guess I was born to be around citizens-great citizens. I don’t know why I am writing this! I think I am depressed. Craft no joke of the previous declaration since confession is a virtue among fine people. Hence living abroad and learning about the job priority not only deprived me from being with someone but also did a lot of damage to my brain friendship-cells. If you think this is a flaw, then what are people without trails, ups and downs, and ease and hardship?

Once, I heard grandma saying, “for every pain there is a cure.” but I wonder where is mine; being lonely feels like everlasting pain; it feels like a knife cutting slowly, endlessly and mercilessly. What is more, the agony of this harsh feeling becomes even worse when I take in that I can’t live without people, yet I find no real brethren. Perhaps it is I! Yes, I know it is I! It is my fault for I am the one who decided to take that road- the road of enrichment, and when I looked back I found no one around; all are left behind – holding on to their meaningless and penniless desires.
© Copyright 2006 O J. Elmou (ojmoussa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1088150-The-Lonely-Road