*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1088657-Shock
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Medical · #1088657
300 words or less flash fiction about a broken heart
Shock!



“Doctor, we’re losing him!” The anesthetist warned. “He’s starting to flat line!”

“Nurse, give me four cc’s of adrenaline, STAT!” The surgeon barked. “Call code blue!”

“Get the crash cart in here!” The charge nurse ordered. “Hurry now! We’re losing him, doctor!”

“My Lord, what happened here?” The nurse asked. “This was supposed to be strictly routine!”

“Bleep.....bleep........bleep............bleep..bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.” the heart monitor sounded.

“QUICK, get that crash cart over here DAMN IT! The doctor ordered. “Charging, 200! Clear!”

“WHUMP!eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee” The volts hit the patient hard.

“Charging 300! CLEAR!”

“Whump bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee” The patient bounced yet again.

“My God, it’s not working! CHARGING 400! CLEAR!” The doctor gasped.

“Whump! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”

“Damn it! C’mon guy! Charging 500! CLEAR!”

“WHUMP” The patient’s lifeless body convulsed again. “eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”

“It’s no use doctor, he’s gone!” The nurse advised.

“Time of death 11:15 A.M.” The doctor intoned glancing at the large clock. “I guess we can’t win them all. I’m just a doctor, not God!

“What was the problem doctor? I thought his injuries weren't life threatening?” Asked the surgical nurse.

“I don’t know,” the doctor answered. “He woke up and I told him that he was in the hospital, that he had been in an automobile crash. I told him he was lucky to be alive because the car was completely totaled. He screamed something that sounded like; MY NEW PORSCHE? then fell over unconscious. You know, if I didn't know better I would say it appears that his heart just broke!”
© Copyright 2006 E E Coder (ecoder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1088657-Shock