*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1093490-dangerous-intersectionm-part-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Script/Play · Other · #1093490
i wanted to see if i could do it

Scene 1
Int. Bert’s place. Time unknown.
We open in a room, dark, a sudden movement in the corner draws attention. A man sits up. A voice begins. As the voice speaks the man rubs his head in an attempt to recover.

Narrator
There is a moment when you wake up from some night of sin and debauchery. A moment before the headache, when you can’t remember what happened the night before, the day before, the week before. There is a complete feeling of peace and freedom, no worries, no sins, no problems, no past, you are simply because you are… moments like these are fleeting

Int. Bean Streets Coffee parlor. Dusk, six or seven o’clock.

Cut to black. The camera stays stationary as a voice says next. Bones walks forward, his back formally being against the camera the surroundings appear as he walks away. We find ourselves in Bean streets. Bones orders a coffee, waits pays and walks back to the table. The camera follows. As he sits the camera also come to a rest next to him. The camera look out from the back corner, Bert walks past the window, he is dressed quite well and is clearly in quite a hurry, the camera looks out at him, follows as he makes his way through the entrance, he waves away the waitress who wants to take his order, he walks back to the table and sits down as he approaches the camera pulls back and as he sits the camera comes in for a full two shot.

Bones:
Bert, you’re actually on time for a change.

Bert:
Hey, you said five, I was here at five, really how could you expect any less?

Bones:
Not thirsty? (Gestures towards counter)

Bert:
Not that big of a coffee guy. That stuffs bad for ya you know.

Bones:
So Bones’ has heard(laughs lightly) Madison still getting on your case?

Bert
Yeah, it’s just cause she cares so I can’t really complain.

Bones
Hey, old Bones ain’t got no one to go and love up on em’, so be happy, you a lucky guy.

Bert
Don’t talk about yourself in third person, please

Bones
How about you not try and control what Bones does, if Bones wanted to speak in first person Bones would have spoken in first person, so back off, please.

Bert
Sometimes your and idiot, have I ever told you that?

Bones
Sometimes the things you say hurt the ones you love, has Bones ever told you that?

Bert
You are not a man

Bones
Watch it, you probably shouldn’t push what friends you still got.

Bert
Oh, I heard today Cecelia is pregent, Dominic is happy but their both kind of freaked out about it.

Bones
God, Bones haven’t seen Dominic since… what Jessee’s Halloween party.

Bert
Has it been that long?

Bones
Bones thinks so, anyway it’s been a while.

Bert
We should all get together soon, this weekend maybe? Dominic is off work, and I’m pretty sure Liam and Colin are off Saturday too.

Bones
Liam and Colin? Bones don’t much feel like spending a lot of time with those two, Bones knows their your friends and all but Bones never did get along too well with those two, at least Liam.

Bert
I forgot all about the two of you. What started the two of you going at it anyway?

Bones
He got 200 dollars richer off Bones


Bert
What do you mean? He stole from you.

Bones
Yeah, he stole from Bones.

Bert
Come on, be fair, how can you be so sure that it was him that did it?

Bones
Bones woke up and he was taking it out of Bones’ wallet.

Bert
Oh, well it was just a thought. (pause) OH shit, what time is it? (pulls out cell phone), I supposed to meet Madison and some of her friends for dinner.

Bones
So you got to head out?

Bert
I got a little more time before I have to be down there.

Bones
Bones was wondering why you were all dressed up,

Bert
Only partly for dinner, Mostly it’s for you, I got to look nice, I haven’t seen you in a little while.

Bones
Are you sure you want to buy tonight? Bones means if your going out to dinner?

Bert
Man, Madison has me freaking out as it is. Believe me I need something to pull me through tonight

Bones
If that’s all you wanted I’m not sure this is what you should get.

Bert
Why?

Bones
You may wind up seeing some things that you won’t expect.

Bert
I need something stronger than what I’ve been getting anyway

Bones
It’s your night… damnit Bert, now Bones don’t mean to pry, but why do you keep doing this to yourself?

Bert
No, I can take this from Madison, and everyone else… but I won’t listen to this from you.

Bones
We were friends long before anything else

Bert
Here’s for the coffee(lays down several bills)

Bones
Wait until Bones leaves, under this side of the table

Bert
Alright I guess I should head off towards dinner anyway.

Bones
You know my number… take care of yourself

Bert
I always take care of myself

Bones
Yeah, Bones would ask you to say hi to Madison for Bones, but somehow Bones don’t think It would be a good thing for her to know you and Bones saw each other

Bert
It’s not you, it’s just what you do

Bones
Madison never understood, a man is who he is, not what he does

Bert
What can you do?

Bones
Who knows. Hey take it easy with this, your system don’t know this stuff, and Bones don’t want to see nothing happen to you.

Bert
Okay, I’ll see you later man.
Bones
Bye
Bones gets up, slowly walks for the door and walks out, looks both ways and slowly walks off into Asheville. Bert sits, he never looked back, he appears extremely lost in thought. He sits a moment longer. His face appears upset, he shakes off the thought, reaches under the table shoves the baggie in his jacket pocket. Turns and walks with a quick pace to the door and out of Bean Streets.




































Scene 2
Ext. Street down town, late, night.
Bert and Madison stand on a street corner, Madison watches the street looking for someone or something, Bert’s foot taps as he quickly looks back and forth, checking his watch often, they are both very well dressed . Bert remains extremely impatient.

Bert
Isn’t that them?

Madison
Who? No that’s not them.

Bert
That?

Madison
That’s an elderly pair of… Chinese men…holding hands.

Bert
How about them?
Madison looks in the direction Bert’s starring

Madison
Yeah, there they are

Bert
It’s about time

Madison
(Hits him lightly) Be nice

Bert
I’m always nice

Also on the street, night
Another couple also dressed well approach Bert and Madison, the female (Laura) points towards Bert and Madison the male (David) nods in recognition.
Laura and Madison do a slight run to each other, meet and hug

Madison
Laura, hey, I was worried, it’s not like you to be late, and you’re always so … punctual

Laura
David decided that it would be quicker to go through downtown rather than the interstate, apparently so did the rest of Asheville.
David and Bert proceed with the handshakes and small talk.

Bert
You ready for dinner?

David
Oh yeah, Laura couldn’t remember, what’s the name of this place again?

Bert
Its John Henry’s I think.

David
Is it new? I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of that place before.

Bert
I’m not sure, it might be but either way, I just heard about it from a friend of mine the other day

David
Oh, cool, I’m hungry so let’s see what damage we can do

Both laugh softly,

The four walk on to the restaurant, they are shown to a table, they sit,

Madison
I don’t know what I want, Laura what are you getting?

Laura
I’m thinking maybe Fettuccini Alfredo, or maybe… oh the Charleston Shrimp Scampi.

Madison
That does sound good. Bert how about you?

Bert
I’m not sure yet.

Waitress comes to the table.

Waitress
Hi, my name is Gwen, I’ll be your server tonight, Can I start you out with some drinks, or would you like some more time first.

Bert
I’m ready I don’t know about the rest of you but I’ll have a sweet tea.
David
Uh just water for me

Madison
Can I get a Sprite?

Waitress
We have Sierra Mist, will that be okay?

Madison
Yeah sure.

Laura
Sierra Mist sounds good to me too.

David
So, what are you guys doing this weekend?

Bert
I’m not sure if we have anything planned yet

Laura
David and I were thinking about going up north in a few days, would you two like to join us?

Madison
Sounds like a blast

Bert
Sure
Why not.

The waitress returns

Waitress
Are you guys ready for appetizers?

David
Soup Du Jour

Laura
Oh, what is this, Greek style stuffed Portabella Mushrooms

Madison
French Onion Soup
Bert
Just a… I’m not sure, okay Shrimp Cocktail

Waitress
Alright, are you guys ready to go ahead and order your Main Course?

Bert
I’m hungry so… how about the Bacon wrapped Fillet Mignon and shrimp Scampi over Angel Hair pasta

Laura
Fettuccini Alfredo with Chicken

Madison
Charleston shrimp scampi

David
Vegetable Lasagna

Waitress
Very good, your appetizers will be out in a second, um, can I get anyone a refill?

Bert
No I think we’re all good.

Waitress
Ok, if you need anything just ask for Gwen.
Gwen walks away; they all look around in a brief moment of silence.

Bert
Um excuse me; I have to run to the bathroom. (Bert stands up and walks towards the bathroom)

Laura
So Madison, how are you two?

Madison
We’re great...







Cut to Bert in the bathroom
Bert goes into a stall puts down the seat and pours a small amount of cocaine on the seat; he cuts it into a short line. He looks at it for a few seconds then pours more cocaine on to the seat and cuts a line almost twice as long as the original. He pulls out a dollar, rolls it and snorts the line up. He shakes his head, wipes his nostril and puts the rest of the baggie back into his pocket; he comes back to the table. Sits down slowly his movements are slow.

Madison (to Laura)
So what did he say when he found out?

Laura
What could he say, he said good job and I got the raise.
David Laura and Madison laugh Bert fakes a laugh, Bert goes through the process of trying to focus himself,

Madison
So, Bert got a raise and…

Madison looks at Laura, they lock eyes, Madison takes her hand and gently caresses Laura’s cheek they pull each other closer until their lips are almost one pair, shot of Bert, sweating slightly and completely distracted, holding that shot.

Madison
Isn’t that right Bert
Bert shakes his head back into reality

Bert
Exactly right, sorry I’m a little spaced out right now,

David
A bit, you haven’t touched you plate,
Bert looks down, shrimp cocktail is pushed off to the side and his other plate sits in front of him.

Bert
I’m not that hungry all of a sudden

Bert looks down at his plate, for a flash it’s his meal but where the pasta should be razor blades sit, he pokes at it with his fork. A flash of black as long as a blink then it’s food again.

David
Bert, are you ok, you don’t look so well.

Bert
Um, yeah, just feeling a little under the weather all of a sudden, I’m not sure.

Laura
If you have to go it’s okay, I guess.

Bert
Wow, um I hate to do this, but I’m feeling(Bert looks up and sees Laura’s fork filled with razor blades, he tenses up and looks away) I think, I should head off, we have to do this again.

David
Definitely, we have to.
Bert gets up and walks slowly away from the table

Madison
I don’t know what’s wrong with him, um I’m so sorry, I’m going to go with him, I suppose I’ll see you tomorrow

Laura
Yeah don’t worry about it.
Madison rushes off after Bert

David
So do we have to pay for their food too?

Laura
Hush

Both laugh















Scene 3
Interior, taxi, backseat, Madison and Bert are both sitting in the backseat, Madison’s holding Bert’s hand, she looks slightly worried, Bert looks pale and he appears to be sweating.

Madison
(to taxi Driver)
This is it, the brownstone on the corner is my place.
The car comes to a stop Madison gets out to walk to her door

Bert( to driver)
One second, I’m gonna walk her to her door
Bert gets out behind Madison, the two of them walk hand in hand to her building’s front door

Bert
Okay honey have a good night okay.

Madison
I’ll be fine, you just feel
better okay, you don’t look so good,

Bert
Yeah, I just need a good nights sleep
They kiss, at first a quick soft kiss, soon it is a slow deep passionate kiss, Bert pulls away

Bert
The cabs waiting

Madison
Okay fine, I love you

Bert
Love you two Maddie

The door opens and a pregent lady steps out.

Jenny
Madison, your home early, oh, hi Bert.

Bert
Hey Jenny

They hug

Madison
Bert wasn’t feeling too well

Jenny
Oh, well, I hope you feel better, bye sweetie.

Bert
Bye Jenny.

Bert goes back towards the cab.

Bert
Driver, back to the restaurant, I need to get my car
Driver
You Sure buddy?

Bert
Yeah, I’m fine.

Driver
Okay

The car goes back to the restaurant Bert gets out, pays, then walks through the parking lot to go and get his car. He gets in, starts the engine and leaves.
Interior of the car with Bert
Bert is on his cell phone

Bert
Hello, Yeah Liam what’s going on tonight,
awesome,
I was thinking about it. If it’s cool with you and Colin that is.
Great, I’ll be there in a few minutes

Bert hangs up the phone, reaches down in his pocket and pulls out a baggie of white powder,

Bert
You my powdery white friend, will be gone , long gone by morning (Smiles)

Bert pulls up at an apartment/ house/ or trailer, he gets out and walks to the front door. He knocks on the front door, a yell greets him back

Liam
What Eejit is at my house at this hour! I will tear ya Bollocks off you bloody wanker

Bert
Liam, It’s Bert

Liam
Get your arse in hier ya dum bastard

Bert walks in and we see a skinny redheaded man with a bottle in his hand, he is clearly intoxicated.

Bert
Liam!

Liam
Bert!

Bert
Where’s Colin

Liam
Em, he’s in the shitter. I’m gonna have a puff, care for a fag ?

Bert
No, I don’t smoke

Liam
Still kills me, all you do and you say smoking kills.

Bert
What can I tell you, so are you going to introduce me or am I on my own? (he points around the room 2 guys and 3 girls sit around, all either drinking or drunk)

Liam
(Picking one at random then going to the left) Leslie, Owen, Ben, Tonya, and Pammy, ya happy.

Bert
Sure, we can say that.

Liam
Ya feeling a bit puckish, we got some chips, some bangers and I believe some mash in the fridge, if you want it.

Bert
Na, I just finished dinner

Liam,
yea and how was … Jesus Christ Colin light a match or spray something

Colin
Go fuk yourself, Bert
A huge drunk Irishman runs to bert, picks him up and gives him a bear hug

Bert
Colin, how ya been ya big ox,

Colin
Oh good, me back been givin me a bit of a time but siden that I been good

Bert
And your job

Colin
They fired me.

Bert
Why?

Colin
For comin in a little tipsy one day

Bert
Really

Colin
Yeah I was thinking about suing them, Alchaholism is a diesese after all

Bert
Well I wouldn’t let you be my safety supervisor at a construction site if you were drunk.

Colin
Yeah, thats why I don’t work fur ya

Bert
Yeah, that’s why.

Colin
Why ya out are way t’nght

Bert
Madison’s been on my case a bit lately , I needed a night off, I figure at my place she’ll just walk in.

Liam
Dirty Cunt, ya shoulda lef er’ a long time ago, any puss who don’t like me mates ain’t worth it.
Drunk guy on the couch lifts his head

Owen
Ah, Liam your all talk, you’d be whipped, it any lady gave you a second look.

Liam
Is ya drunk arse callin me a liar, ye somebitch (smacks him, owen covers his head, Owen sticks up a foot to push liam away, Liam pulls off his shoe and starts to hit him with it.) I’ll beat cha ta death with ya own bloody shoe ya dirty wank.

Bert
Colin, you think I could just go and crash?

Colin
Guest rooms all yours

Bert
Night Liam

Liam
Ya call me a liar in my own house, bastard (hits Owen again)

Bert goes to a guest room, locks the door, pours out the remainder of the powdery substance, cuts a long line snorts and drops on to the bed, Bert looks at a Star Wars poster on the wall.
Shot of the poster

Yoda
Mmmm, High on Cocaine you are

Bert
Huh, that’s new
Fade to black







Scene 4

Interior, afternoon, Close up on Bert’s eyes, closed a deep sleep, slowly pull back from the close up to show Bert, slowly waking up, on the floor of Colin and Liam’s house. He slowly begins to go through the waking process and Bert looks over at his phone, he looks at it, his eye brows worried looking, and then his eyes get wide

Bert
Holy Shit

(Bert’s Phone)
You have 19 messages, message 1 of 19…

Bert’s eyes get wide and he starts to go into a slight bit of shock, his jaw drops as the message continues.

Madison
Bert, pick up… Jenny’s water just broke, meet me at the hospital

(Phone)
Message 2 of 19…

As time goes on you see Bert going through various stages of both shock and mental anguish and pain.

Madison
Where are you, meet me at the hospital, I’m almost there as it is

(Phone)
Message 3 of 19…

Madison
I’m at the hospital, where are you, the doctor says she could go into labor at any time, get over here as soon as you can.

Look of pure dread crawls across his face

Bert
I’m going to die. Madison is going to kill me.

(Phone)
Message 4 of 19…

Madison
Jenny’s Fiancé’ Jeffery, my parents and me, we’re in the waiting room, um still waiting for you to call or get here.

(Phone)
Message 5 of 19

Madison
Damnit, Jenny wants me to be in there with her… when you get these messages were at Mission, room 407, just hurry, please

(Phone)
Message 6 of 19

Madison
Bert,(sounding upset, almost as if giving up) where the hell are you, Jenny’s starting to go into labor get over here as soon as you get this I guess.

Phone
Message 7 of 19

Jeffery
The doctor wouldn’t let Madison bring her cell phone in the delivery room, she asked me to call you every so often. Why are you doing this to her.

Phone
Message 8 of 19

Jeffery
She’s started into labor, where the fuck is you Bert?

Phone
Message 9 of 19

Jeffery
It’s a boy, I have a son, fuck you too ass hole, fuck you too

Phone
Message 10 of 19

Madison
My sister had the baby, William Michael Stanley, and she needs sleep and I’m leaving the hospital. I’m going to drive by your building and I’m praying I see your car, cause I have to drive past your drunken ass friends place, Liam and Colin’s, and if I see your car… Please be better than that, don’t let me think you missed this to go get messed up, please be better than that Bert.

Bert
(Eyes wide, facing the ceiling) Oh my god… no

Phone
Message 11 of 19

Madison
(In a way to calm voice) You fucking asshole, I thought you were at least better than that. God damnit (she starts to cry, then hangs up)

Phone
Message 12 of 19

Bert’s dad
Bert, hey it’s your father, I’m just calling to remind you, your mothers birthday is in two weeks, now I know money is tight and all but if you can get up to Ohio it would be an amazing surprise for your mother. Okay son, call your parents soon, your mother would at least like to hear from you. I love you son, bye, oh it’s dad, bye bye.

Bert
Huh

Phone
Message 13 of 19

Madison
Bert I’m going to my parent’s house for a while, it’s probably best if you don’t call the house, their going to be swamped with phone calls with the baby and all.

Phone
Message 14 of 19

Mark
Hey, its Mark Madison’s brother, she just got here… give me a call when you get this, you and I might need to have a talk

Phone
Message 15 of 19
(A moment of silence then they hang up)

Phone
Message 16 of 19

Madison
Call my cell when you get this Bert, we need to talk.

Phone
Message 17 of 19

Madison
Jesus Christ, It’s 2 in the afternoon, are you still passed out, what’s wrong with you; do you want to kill yourself?

Bert
God Damnit(almost yelling)

Liam pops his head in the door

Liam
YOU okay, I heard ya’ shouting

Bert
Fine

Liam
Yeah keep telling yourself that, it’ll get true eventually boy

Bert
GO (points towards out the door with the little finger)

Liam
Fuck ya too(laughs a loud obnoxious laugh and gives him the finger and pulls his head out)

Phone
Message 18 of 19

Madison
Bert (then very quietly) why am I even bothering. (She hangs up.)

Phone
Message 19 of 19

Madison
Fuck you Bert

Bert
Shit.









Scene 5

Bert is pulling into the driveway, it’s swamped with cars, he gets out of his car he checks his watch and double times it to the house
He starts off towards the house, Jeffery is reaching into the car to grab something.

Bert
(running to him)
Jeffery, hey

Jeffery
(looking up at him)
Bert, what the fuck are you doing here?

Bert
(shocked)
What?

Jeffery
I’ve spent the last hour and a half comforting Madison, cause some asshole couldn’t bother to be woken up for this.

Bert
It was a deep sleep,

Jeffery
Fuck you, my fiancé has been giving birth to my son for the last 13 hours and you’ve been asleep. Leave, now.

Bert
Just tell Madison that I’m here.

Jeffery
Why so you can hurt her again?

Bert
I never meant to hurt her

Jeffery
Yeah, well you did, so go, now, please Bert, this is a joyous day, don’t bring this around my son, you’ve pissed me off twice already today. I don’t want to remember you today, go home.
Mark walks by the door, pauses and starts to walk outside.

Mark
(walking out the door)
Bert, you mother fucker, you brought your coke addicted ass to my parents house.(smiles a half smile)

Bert
Mark, relax, help me explain to Jeffery what’s going on.

Mark
Oh sure, You see Jeffery (Quickly swings a right hook and drops Bert in the drive way)
That’s my little fucking sister you fucking with, (spits on him)

Madison comes running out to the driveway, and sees what’s going on.

Madison
Mark, get away from him.

Mark steps back

Jeffery
I don’t need this shit (grabs a blanket out of the backseat and goes back inside)

Bert is getting back up, holding his jaw

Mark
Maddie, you want me to throw him out of here?

Madison
No, this is between us.

Bert
Son of a bitch that hurt

Mark
Your lucky, asshole

Bert(to Madison)
I’m bleeding

Madison slaps Bert

Madison
You got high last night didn’t you

Bert
No

Madison
Don’t lie to me

Bert
I didn’t

Madison
You were at Liam’s house weren’t you

Bert
That doesn’t mean

She slaps him again

Bert
Fuck yes is that what you want to hear

Madison
Were you high at dinner last night?

Bert
How could you ask me that

Madison
Answer me, and I swear to god if you lie, I will never speak to you again

Bert
I was nervous and

Madison
That dinner was important to me and you were stoned.

Bert
I’m sorry

Madison
That’s not good enough this time

Bert
Maddie

Madison
No, no don’t, (starts to walk away)

Bert
(Grabs her arm) Madison, don’t do this, I love you

Madison
And I love you, that’s why this is so hard, cause I can’t leave you, but I can’t sit here and watch you do this to yourself.

Bert
I love you so much, and I’m so sorry

Madison
If you were sorry you wouldn’t have to apologize, cause this wouldn’t have happened

Bert
Please

Madison
Please, (crying) don’t, I need to think

Bert
No, look I can stop

Madison
(tears in her eyes) (looks at him) I know, that’s what kills me, you can, but you won’t,

Bert
I

Madison
Don’t( pulls away and walks back to the house)

Bert
MADISON!

Mark
Leave, now

Shot inside, Madison crying

Madison’s mom
Why do you stay with him?

Madison
Because I love him

Madison’s mom cradles her in her arms

Madison’s mom
Shhh sweetie, don’t cry, it’s okay

Outside

Bert
(yelling)
Madison, for someone who preaches about love so often, you just keep pushing the one love away.

Bert gets in his car and leaves

Mark
I should have broken his jaw

Madison’s dad laughs for a second then in shot a dirty look from Madison’s mother and quickly backhands mark in the bicep region when mark looks back at his dad his dad shoots him a dirty look and points his finger at him and shakes his head, mark raises his eyebrows and puts up his hands open palmed and shrugs.













Scene 6

Interior, Bert’s place. Bert is still holding his jaw. Bert picks up the phone, dials a number.

Bert
Hey, it’s Bert.
Not bad the food was good
As beautiful as ever of course
Hey watch it
You feel like coffee?
I know it was yesterday; maybe I’m trying to make you a caffeine addict
What was the coffee you had yesterday?
Yeah it was very tasty; I think I need another shot of espresso myself
Yeah, a little bit stronger
I think the strongest they have today
I know
For all I care make it pure espresso

Bert hangs up the phone, goes over to the VCR, lifts it and grabs a handful of bills and heads to the door.

Interior Bean streets

Bert is at a table, sipping on a coffee and Bones walks in, orders one and gets it, then goes to the table

Bones
Bones was surprised when you called so soon, but to beat Bones here, what’s up?

Bert
Nothing at all, I went to Liam’s place last night

Bones
You didn’t use it all did you?

Bert
No, I think someone swiped it last night, it wasn’t bad though, can we just take it up a notch?

Bones
You sure about that?

Bert
The best you got.

Bones
You know your Bones’ Brother, but that’s still very pricy even for family.

Bert
I’ve never got to say this before, but under the table

Bones reaches under the table; a huge stack of bills is taped there

Bert
That should cover it and then some, just use the rest as a down payment, just think of it as next time you owe me a cup pf java, or what have you

Bones looks a bit worried

Bert
You know what I’ve been thinking a lot about lately?

Bones
No, what

Bert
God

Bones
Is Bones’ boy finding religion?

Bert
No, I was thinking, the Indian and Norse Gods the people invented to help explain what they didn’t know.

Bones
Yeah, like why is there thunder, because Thor wanted there to be thunder

Bert
Exactly, so look at the times of the earliest Christians, times of death, corruption and all this horrible stuff.

Bones
Yeah

Bert
So somebody says you have to be good and kind to your neighbors, and someone else says why? And they answer because god wants you to. Then comes heaven and hell and next thing you know you have a religion.

Bones
You believe this?

Bert
I don’t know what I believe; I mean there’s a god that thought is put in your head your entire life. But when everything you know is pointing against it how can you believe?

Bones
It’s all about faith, it’s not about what you can prove, and it’s about what you really believe in.

Bert
But if you don’t believe in anything than nothing can touch you.

Bones
What do you mean?

Bert
No God, no sin, no sin all you have holding you back are your own fears.

Bones
Like spending your life in jail somewhere.

Bert
Your one to talk about abiding by the law.

Bones
Not the point.

Bert
Look, if everyone is afraid of hell or so hopeful for heaven that they prevent themselves from fully experiencing life, than the one who has no fear can do everything.

Bones
You’re really over estimating what people do and don’t do because of religion.

Bert
You know what I mean

Bones
Bones have a feeling he know almost what you’re thinking he guesses.

Bert
Whatever, I need to work on this in my head a little longer

Bones
Yeah, that’s it.

Bert
Look do you have my Coffee or not.

Bones
Here

Hands him a small container, an altoids can,

Bert
Okay, I’ll call you later

Bones
Bert, Bones thinks we’ve both had enough coffee for a while, its good coffee so don’t drink it to fast, you might burn yourself

Bert
Oh God forbid

Bert laughs and walks out of Bean Streets

Bones
(blown away)
What the hell was that?











© Copyright 2006 billy sparkles (billysparkles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1093490-dangerous-intersectionm-part-1