*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1094226-finding-friendship
Rated: E · Short Story · Friendship · #1094226
boys pet dies and a girl tries to confort him

One day a young boy was spotted, sitting against a tree crying, by a young girl. The girl walked up to the boy and asked the boy why he was crying. The boy looked up at her with teary eyes and answered that he was crying because he was sad that his pet dog had died, and that he would be alone without his dear friend.
The next day the boy was spotted sitting against the same tree again by the same girl only this time the boy was trembling. The girl walked up to the boy and asked him sweetly why he was trembling. The boy responded that it was because he was scared, because he was scared that his dog felt alone too.
However, on the third day that the boy was spotted sitting by the tree. He was not crying nor was he trembling. The girl was confused because the boy was looking up at her with the brightest smile on his face. The girl walked up to the boy and asked why he was smiling at her. The boy responded and said that he was crying the first day because he was sad that he would never find a friend like his dog. Then he said that he was trembling the second day because he was afraid that his dog would never find someone to take care of him the way that he had.
Then the boy laughed and said I no longer have to worry about my dog being lonely because I know that he is still has me because he is in my hear and that God is looking over him on heaven. And now I know that I will never be lonely because for the past three days you have come to check up on me and yet you don’t even know who I am. Without you I would still be upset about the passing of my pet. I miss my dog but if it wasn’t for his death I would never have met a you. I guess in a way you have showed me that instead of grieving over the things that God has taken from you, you should look at what God is trying to give to you. It took me three days to realize that God was just trying to tell me that. You have been a good friend to me and listened to my problems and so I hope that we can always be friends.
The girl didn’t know what to say at first, but she felt herself tearing up. After a while she smiled at the boy and said I thank you for your hospitality but it is you who has helped me. You see I don’t know many people because I just moved here three days ago and yet you have told me your problems and opened up to me as if you have known me forever.
© Copyright 2006 ficwriter (spiritwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1094226-finding-friendship