*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1097073-Imitating-Christ
by cherub
Rated: E · Column · Community · #1097073
An article I wrote for the church magazine
Imitating CHRIST….

The blood is the life of the flesh (Lev. 17:11)


The blood bank was one of the most remarkable and humane scientific developments of the 1930’s and 1940’s.This struck people as a charity, even the commonest of commoners could afford to during the World War II. Pope Pius XII was right when he pointed out in the fall of 1948 that “Christ, the supreme and divine donor of His Blood, is your example in a particular way."
A Christian donor can make his donation even more sublime when he humbly recalls that he is imitating Christ who gave His blood so that we all might live. Safe Blood is fundamental to the health system in any country. The Youth Fellowship ( CEYF ) of our church is involved in this humane if not divine ministry. During the first four months of 2006 our youth have either donated or arranged 19 blood donations for our church members as well as for the general public. In 2005 the final count of blood donations stood at 83.
Blood donation, though it weakens the body temporarily has been found to be a healthy practice as it reduces the risk of heart diseases. The feeling of making a contribution that helped save the life of a person is a psychological benefit beyond comparison. The youth fellowship invites healthy ( minimum weight 52 kg ) church members between the age group of 17- 45 from our church to register with us as willing blood donors.
In 1st Corinthians 11:1, the command to "imitate Christ" is given in a context of self-sacrifice, of giving others more consideration than ourselves when it comes to their spiritual advance (1Cor.10:23-33).Let us all join together to follow and imitate our Lord.

"He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth forever; his horn shall be exalted with honour." Psalm 112:9

Thomas Cris Sarasam
© Copyright 2006 cherub (thomascris at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1097073-Imitating-Christ