*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1099643-The-Untitled-Prologue
by Jana
Rated: E · Chapter · Thriller/Suspense · #1099643
A shaky beginning to a very up in the air piece. No comments on grammar/spelling please.
Over time the human race has evolved from being a wholly prejudicial unit into a semi-prejudicial unit. In America it started with the Native Americans and the colonists, why did war erupt? Because the cultures were so different; skin color, eating habits, even apparel. After the Native American’s it became a battle between the English and the Colonists. Those loyal to the crown and those striving to be free in a new land. It wasn’t only about freedom, it was about acceptance. They wore different colors, spoke in different tongues and acted in different manners. We despised the English for being different, for thinking they could own us forever. The English despised the colonists for coming to the new world to explore, than deciding they wanted it for ourselves. After England came the slaves. In general the African American population was thought to be lesser. Not only by people inhabiting the Southern states, but by everyone. Even though the North fought for their freedom, among other things, they did not treat the slaves as equals.

We as American’s can’t, and could not live our lives without being intolerant of people different than us subjecting them to scrutiny or jokes. Even now in a world where everyday life consists of bi-racial marriage, gay/lesbian marriage, and so on, we still find it hard to cope.

It makes you wonder how the world will react now that vampires are being introduced into society? The laws of this country and the world have changed. Two different government’s for two different species, and a very thin, and unsteady link between. We have been told to accept this as a step in evolution; to live together in harmony. But who can say what everyone is really thinking? Better to have them out in the open, than hiding in the shadows. Is this the only way to protect us from massacre, by setting up laws protecting them from persecution?

We, the people have made cruel and inhuman mistakes against mankind in the past, but now there is a new kind of predjudice; intolerance of those whose hearts no longer beat. The problems of the past are nothing compared to the dilemma’s the we will face now. There was once a time when drinking out of the same fountain as someone of a different color was considered dirty and unreasonable, well, drinking out of the same fountain is the least of our worries now.

Aaron Hamilton
Editor and Chief
© Copyright 2006 Jana (katwood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1099643-The-Untitled-Prologue