*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1100049-A-Violinists-Romance
by Anton
Rated: E · Draft · Romance/Love · #1100049
A draft of a novel i plan to write.
"Veronica. Veronica. Wake up," but the girl on the floor didn't move, and inside, her mind was regurgitating a memory:

*************************************************

"Veronica, do you have to play that bow-saw so loudly, close the door," screamed Veronica's mother. Veronica reluctantly closed the door, and played her violin a little more silently.
"I will show everyone in this house, that I will make it to the top one day, and then we will see who is doing the shouting," Veronica thought to herself," and anyway that can't expect me to become Vivaldi after only three lessons."
Subtly, her biggest distraction walked past her house. She stopped playing, and watched the thirteen year old boy, Nicolas Longly. Nicolas was walking to his suspected girlfriend's house, Cara Wilson. Veronica watched Nicolas knock the door, of course Cara answered and he produced a chocolate heart. Veronica couldn't stand to fell her heart and ambitions crumble any longer, she picked up here violin and resumed playing.

*************************************************

"Veronica," whispered Mr. Ried in her ear, "all your other grades have been distinctions, and don’t spoil it.
"Sorry," said Veronica. Mr. Ried pulled her up.
"Should we start that second piece again then Veronica," said the unusually pleasant examiner.
Veronica was doing her grade six violin exam. She was determined to get a higher mark than Cara received in her grade six violin exam. She scanned the thought of the memory to remind herself that Cara and she were in more than one competition with each other as Cara had been with Nicolas as a partner now for two years. Veronica was now fifteen, the same age as Cara and Nicolas. Veronica started playing.
Veronica finished her exam and returned home. Her family bombarded her with questions not of the exam but of her unexpected falls. She wished her parents would take more interest in her violin.
"Did you faint today Veronica?" said her mother, "how long for, who picked you up, was it in the middle of an important class?"
"Yes it was MOTHER, it was through my exam."
"Ohh how did that go," finally Veronica's mother asked but she didn't give a chance for Veronica to answer but babbled on about her health.
Finally she finished asking questions and Veronica went to lie down on her bed to think about the meaning about her memory and why her mind decided to bring it up and that particular time in her life. She thought deeply. Suddenly a jolt raced up her back and gave her a short sharp pain. At the side of her eye she saw a moving object out her window. She looked out and she saw Nicolas. He walked three doors down and knocked the door of Cara's house in the same manner as was done in her memory. Veronica was then distracted by her mobile phone ringing. It was her best friend Maria.
Maria asked her all about her day and her violin exam. Veronica told her everything about the day's events.
"That was strange, very strange, and you are just after seein' Nicolas now?
"Yes. Cara and Nicolas are just at Medusa’s
"Medusa? Who is Medusa."
"Ohh it's Cara's new name. Very one she looks at turns to stone. Very one she befriends turns out to be a nasty person that what they are."
"I spoke to Nick today."


© Copyright 2006 Anton (anton8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1100049-A-Violinists-Romance