*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1100150-Dear-Self
Rated: E · Chapter · Inspirational · #1100150
A letter from a girl's heart, and mind asking her why she has chagened.
Dear Self,



You’re so pretty, but you don’t always act that way. You are beautiful, why can’t you see that? Why can’t you see the beauty inside and out? Why do you contradict yourself? You say that everyone is beautiful, but call yourself ugly. You have the looks of a model. I know you know this. You’ve said so. Why don’t you say it any more? Why have you been letting your emotions get the best of you?



Please explain, for I do not understand. You use to smile; now it is a very rare thing to see. Why? You use to be so happy; now all you do is cry. I do not understand what went wrong. I miss the old you.



What happened to the girl who was sure of herself; the one who knew what she wanted out of life? She thought that she was pretty, smart, talented, and funny. I want to know where she went! I miss her. I miss the way she would laugh at herself when she made a mistake; the way she always had something clever to say. She always said what was on her mind!



What did you do with her? I need to know! Did you lock her up, and throw away the key? Is she still somewhere deep down inside of you? Will she return? Please, I loved the way you were. Why did you change? Where there signs? It happened so fast: I can’t remember.



Please, I just want to know what happened. What happened to the old you? The one I loved with all my heart. Of course, I still love you. I just miss the way you were, happy.



Love Always,

Your Heart & Mind
© Copyright 2006 Sarah Banana (sarah_banana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1100150-Dear-Self