*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1102725-Da-Long-Conversation
by Luster
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1102725
Luster's conversation with his Preacher in the checkout line at the grocery store.
‘The Long Conversation’

Yesterday evening, on the way to the house, Luster decided to stop by the Kroger grocery store, an get some beer to drink, while he's watching the ballgame that nite.

Some of Luster's buddies were coming over and Luster had gotten low on beers, at the house.

Well, when Luster got to the beer cooler at Kroger's, the Miller Lite was on special, so he grabbed two cases and threw em in his basket. On the way to the checkout counter you have to pass the wine aisle. Well Luster saw that the 'Winking Owl' wine was on sale for $3.99 a bottle...and he knew that was a deal. So Luster grabbed a case of the wine and put that in his basket too and headed on up to the checkout lane. Well... being that it was late in the evening the check-out lanes were all backed up, so Luster decided to catch up on some news, while he was waiting in line. So he picked up a copy of The National Enquirer and he started reading bout Michael Jackson... being from outer space and stuff…….
After a while somebody tapped Luster on the shoulder and when he turned around, it was Luster's Preacher... and his 2 young daughters...
So hear Luster was..... standing in the checkout line at the Kroger store, talking to his Preacher and his Preacher’s daughters and he had nothing in his basket but two cases of beer, a case of cheap wine... and he was reading The National Enquirer...
That was the longest 10 minute conversation of Luster's life... And women think child-birth is painful.................
"Cut Me A Break"

© Copyright 2006 Luster (tgbarnes3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1102725-Da-Long-Conversation