*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1106766-The-Kiss
Rated: E · Monologue · Romance/Love · #1106766
...I do know that once we kissed, the world stopped. There was no one but me and him...
I think one of the greatest moments of my life was The Kiss. THAT kiss. The kiss that I will never forget, and I know Dave shall never forget either. It wasn't our first kiss, or our second, or our third. It could have been our one millionth, for all I know. But it was special.

It happened after we had been going out for about five months. Maybe a little longer. We were down by the pizza place along with another friend of ours, waiting for that friend to finish eating his pizza. For some reason, we were simply standing, staring at one another, not saying a word. We leaned in. We didn't kiss. We weren't touching at all, and yet I could feel these strange currents of energy running all over my body and over some invisible bridge between us. It wasn't sexual in any way; it was something else. I don't know how, but I somehow knew that Dave was feeling the exact same thing, energy everywhere, weaving its way throughout us. Nor do I know how long we stood without actually kissing, our lips slowly brushing up to each other, but never forming into a connection.

I do know that once we kissed, the world stopped. There was no one but me and him and this amazing energy that seemed to be everywhere at once; my mind was floating and blank, except for this intense feeling all over. I lost track of time. It was an eternity. I couldn't hear, I couldn't see, all I could do was feel and melt into the feeling and we both stood there until we parted just slightly, still touching, our eyes still closed, our breath in-sync, and we stayed that way for about ten minutes (and no, I'm not exaggerating). My whole body was floating, and continued to do so.

The moment slowly came to an end at the same time for both of us, and we stared at each other. Dave spoke. “Was it the same for you?” I nodded.

And that was all we said.

Not every kiss has been like that, but ever since that one intense lifetime of energy, all our kisses have a ghost of it there, and sometimes even a little more substantial than a ghost. Sometimes it's so much that we'll both start crying in the middle of the kiss, and neither of us will know why.

I never believed accounts like that when I read them in books. Now I do.
© Copyright 2006 Sillyish (sillyish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1106766-The-Kiss