*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1107738-Life-Happiness-and-Unfulfilled-Dreams
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #1107738
Thoughts about nature of life. Please give me your opinion, it is very valuable to me.
You don’t need to question life for an intrinsic meaning, and let that uneasiness you feel as a result stop you from enjoying anything. Don’t try to find an underlying meaning in life. We weren’t put here on this Earth to question the way we are and why we are here. Rather, we are supposed to live life. To appreciate it. To have new experiences. Yes, question, think, and be inquisitive. But by no means let that stop you from tasting life. You can think about your life later. Enjoy life now, in the present.
I think if someone has a goal, something they truly want, and lives their life towards fulfillment of that goal, it will be the best life ever. Even if you don’t have a goal, still live and enjoy everything in life. Take risks and be assertive. As Ayn Rand says, happiness is not the absence of sadness; it is the presence of joy. But how does anything make joy? How do you create that ideal self you try to reach? How do you decide what makes you happy and sad? It is not biological impulses or neurotransmitters. I think our basis of happiness is what has been created for us by society. Above all, one should not let others influence their definition of happiness and even morals. Because if you lose this, you have nothing left.
So I think the point is, there should never be a dull moment in any life, because life is so rich. There are so many opportunities. Life is such a great thing; we should not waste it commiserating over problems or even questioning existence, but should rather savor it while it lasts. I know there are so many other dimensions and viewpoints in this issue; I just see how precious a gift life is, and one should not waste it doing something the don’t love. (Like reviewing boring online posts from a person you dont even know).
© Copyright 2006 SpandexWarrior (spandexwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1107738-Life-Happiness-and-Unfulfilled-Dreams