*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1107916-Little-Red-Riding-Hood--The-Other-Story
by Shakti
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #1107916
Big bad wolf've been framed, this story sets him straight.
Little Red Riding Hood-The Other Story

"Grandma loves these blueberry muffins and chocolate cake with strawberry toppings."

"I’ll get it to her in no time, mommy", Little Red Riding Hood added, in her sweetest voice with her cutest smile, earning herself a isn’t-she-cute look from mother dearest.

With that, she set off to grandma’s house, deep inside the wooded forest, with a basketful of muffins, cakes and pineapple tarts, early one Saturday morning.

Like every other Saturday morning, she skipped and hummed the la-la-laa note and picked some pretty pink daisies that someone had planted, as she went past the chalets. And midway to grandma’s house, she stopped. She sat by the big bench near the blackberry bush and opened the picnic basket to peek inside.

"Yum…yum…yummy," she said, "The best chocolate cake ever and the biggest strawberries ever. I bet grandma can’t munch through these." So in she put two of the biggest piece of chocolate cake into her mouth and gulp, down it went into her throat.

“Yum…yum…yummy”, she said again, “The juiciest pineapple tarts. I’m sure grandma can’t finish it all. I’ll just help this once more.” She put four tarts onto her tongue and let them melt, one by one. The pies too were too tempting to refuse.

“Aren’t you gonna give ‘em to your grandma?”

“Who said that?…oh its you…. Big Bad Wolf… and what did you see?” she asked, with hands on hip.

“Nothing….. just a little girl eating her grandma’s cakes.”

“Oh no you didn’t! I’m gonna tell everyone you ate it all. They’ll believe me cause you’re the big bad wolf and I’m the cute little girl.”

Saying that, off she ran to grandma’s house with half a basketful of cakes, muffins and pineapple tarts. She pushed grandma into the closet and locked her in.

Then she called the woodcutter, “Help! Help! There is a big bad wolf in my house,” twice, and in grandma’s voice too. She put on grandma’s frocks, and tucked herself into grandma’s bed and waited for poor wolf to come and tell.

Fortunately for Wolf, he went straight to the SPCA and made a kind lady follow him back to grandma’s house. Lucky for grandma, the woodcutter found her, and Little Red Riding Hood too, with her mouth stuffed with more cakes, before Wolf got there. Turns out sweet tooth runs in the family and poor Big Good Wolf got caught in the middle.










© Copyright 2006 Shakti (premasakti at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1107916-Little-Red-Riding-Hood--The-Other-Story