*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1110091-The-Vile-Poison
Rated: E · Essay · Opinion · #1110091
This paper is about Favoritism in our society today
The Vile Poison
There is one thing, no matter what, that follows everyone all through his or her lives. It begins in school, with teachers and peers. Followed shortly after by television, then the rest of the world. It is a poison that brings out the best and the worst in people. It is seen everywhere, on television, in the community, in schools, and maybe even in homes. Favoritism hurts everyone at one point in time.

Favoritism on television is seen every day on every channel. It is on everything from CBS, ABC, NBC, and even Nickelodeon. When superstars break the law, their trial gets flashed all over the news, and over half the time the superstar gets maybe a year or two, if that, in jail with a few years probation. Honestly, it depends on how much money the person has.

In communities, it is seen every day from storeowners, county officials, and even courthouse employees. Storeowners can give the people they like or have relations with discounts. County officials may not pick someone up or charge them with something if they have a close relation with someone in the hierarchy of the community. Courthouse employees may be able to get important things for people who normally wouldn’t be allowed to get them.

In schools it is seen with coaches and teachers. If a coach also teaches a class that coach might talk about his field of extra curricular activities with those students in it, than anyone else in the class. A teacher might have a favorite student, or group of students, and make sure that the student(s) gets the extra help or advice that the student(s) needs.

If a student or child grows up with favoritism he or she may think that they are invincible to other people, and when they get out into the real world it will hurt them. If a child is not a favorite of someone that child may think that he or she is not capable of pleasing others or may feel self-doubt and have a lower self esteem.

Favoritism is a vile poison that hurts people, and even though we cannot end it we can make people aware of it, and some of the psychological effects it has on people.
© Copyright 2006 melissa_ann07 (melissa_ann07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1110091-The-Vile-Poison