*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1110738-A-Moments-Peace
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Monologue · Emotional · #1110738
Remembering a serene moment from my youth and how I almost had it back
I remember in my senior year of high school I joined the swim team. I had enlisted to join the military, and would go to boot camp after graduation. I had joined the team to get in better shape for what lay ahead. We had morning practices, so almost every weekday morning that winter I'd be up before sunrise to ride my bike three miles to the pool in the freezing weather and swim like a madman for about an hour and a half. I had a free period at the start of each day so rather than hang around the school for nearly two hours, I opted to ride back with wet hair in the same freezing weather. I had a friend who lived close and could give me a ride when class started.
What this is all leading up to is that I had about an hour and a half to take a nap when I got back from practice. I had come into possession of a heated waterbed from one of my cousins. Laying down on that warm bed after being freezing and exhausted three times over was one of the most serene, comfortable, and peaceful memories I have. It's one of those things that you never forget and could spend a lifetime trying to get back.


It's almost as good as when I wake up next to her.



(**This had garnered a few views, but I have yet to get any criticism/review for it. Help a brother out please)
© Copyright 2006 SJCpirate (sjcpirate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1110738-A-Moments-Peace