*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1111853-Dont-Shake-Me-Or-Ill-Rattle
Rated: ASR · Poetry · Health · #1111853
The pain of having to take medication.
*Delight*
Tablets! Tablets! Tablets!
Pills! Pills! Pills!

There are so many I have to take to help with all my ails;
First of all, there come's the pills that are shaped like a bullet.
These are the most important ones; they keep my brain alert, but also quiet.
Without them I would fall to the ground and shake about like frantic.
Now we don't want that do we, as I’m afraid people may well panic.
Others I take, to keep my joints supple and because of this, I am able to use every muscle.
Some I take, just to keep my body healthy.
Then there are those that drain away the fats that my lips leave on my hips.
Some are for my back, to take away the pain, which gives me so much discomfort.
I wish there was one I could take, that would make me wealthy.
Last of all, are the ones that cool me down and give me relief; these are great as they help me go to sleep.
Is this the price I have to pay just for getting older?
I hate taking all these pills, but I wouldn’t say no to just one extra.
If there was one that would roll back the years, then after that I am sure I would never need to take ANY MORE.
© Copyright 2006 Feather (featherboa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1111853-Dont-Shake-Me-Or-Ill-Rattle