*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1112141-That-Half-Roti
by Jain
Rated: E · Article · Emotional · #1112141
That Half Roti...
It was today..Lohri..the day before Makar Sankranti. The preparations were going on outside hostel, in the lawns to celebrate Lohri by collecting the discarded furniture to be burnt in the night. Student representatives were busy sorting out the songs to play during the celebrations. The hostel mess staff had already arranged for the Moongphali, Revaris and Popcorn in a big tub. First and second year students were making strategies on how to catch people to give them the Lohri gift in the form of bumps. I was readying myself to go to the Munirka temple. Before that I decided to have my dinner as I was already late and the dinner would have been over till my return. So, I went to the mess and as usual, picked the thali and took the sabzi, rice and roti, went to the dining table and started my meal. As today I went to a lecture in the Convocation Hall by Dr. Dickson, the president of IStructE( Institute of Structural Engineers, an International Organisation), I already had a heavy refreshment there. As already mentioned, I took the roti along with saag and rice, it was cold and had become tight to be chewed nicely (as is the usual case with the hostel rotis). As I was in a hurry, so could not resist myself from eating it. But then the butler came with the fresh rotis. Unfortunately, this roti which came to my share was again tight. But having no other option, I finished half of it, rice still remaining. Due to heavy refreshments, now I thought it was enough and was just preparing myself to get up with the full rice unused and the half roti kept in the corner, that the photographs sent by someone in the YJIN group flased in my mind. Anyone can understand what would have been my condition at that moment. With a stomach full with the Seminar refreshments of Paner Pakoda and Cuttlet plus the one and a half roti already consumed, I had no other option than to eat the remaining food, thanks to the man who posted those photographs on to the group. Afterall, I had planned to visit the temple on foot, so it does not make much difference if I ate a lil bit extra. Today, I finished even the remaining sabzi and rice which I used to leave there itself. Now I'm ready with the vow to take that much food in my thali, that I can eat. If I need more, no doubt, I can take trouble to go to the counter once again and take some more....

I kept the thali for washing and proceeded towards the temple... satisfied with myself.
© Copyright 2006 Jain (jainsaurabh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1112141-That-Half-Roti