*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1113467-She-Could-be-your-very-own-sister
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1113467
A teenage girls cutting
There are a couple of almost unnoticeable lines on her almost flawless skin. Lines that could be easily mistaken for cat scratches. But people don’t care about "cat scratches", and human carelessness saved her from unwanted questions. The brunette sat in her room staring at her self in a full length mirror, straight brown hair with slight reddish gold undertone, plump pink lips and long curly lashes, which is what she should have seen. But in its place all she saw were dangerously mature eyes, pain, dried up blood and old scars. The early events of that day flashed through her mind and self hatred burned through her veins as she snatched up her brothers switch blade and slashed her flesh, again and then again. She bit her bottom lip, threw back her head and closed her eyes as if being pleasured. Then a frightening smile spread on her lips as the blood began to escape the self inflicted wounds. She grabbed her "cutting cloth" and pressed it to her skin soaking up the blood. She continued to press as she stared off into space, unaware of her newly arrived friends downstairs talking with her mother. Her eyes trailed down her arm and landed on her now blood soaked cloth, she sighed inwardly, got up and went into the adjoining bathroom. Her mother’s voice traveled upstairs announcing her friend’s arrival. She quickly cleaned her self up as best as she could, hid the blade behind the toilet, plastered a smile on her face and went to greet her friends.



They had no idea



They had no clue



They live carelessly, unaware and so oblivious
© Copyright 2006 NescafeAddict (nescafeaddict at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1113467-She-Could-be-your-very-own-sister