*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1116278-Renaves-Dance
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Children's · #1116278
chapter 9 in my series of shorts about Renave
“A special night”…”one in a million”…”Kodak moment”…”perfection”…all life’s little clichés seemed to fit for once…for truly this had been a night Renave would always remember…he’s not really sure how he got to this night…or what he ever did to deserve it…but he was eternally grateful for the gift given to him…it had really started as a normal May night…warm and full of awakening life…soon June would be in full swing and the night’s air would be full of life…but for now only soft gentle stirrings of what would be flooded Renave’s ears as he strolled through the night…the forecast called for rain…and the air held it’s promise…but those soft warnings could not keep Renave in…something called him into the night and so he went…walking slowly for he had no flashlight…just the stars and the moon lit his path…out towards the lake did his feet take him…into the open of the meadow that surrounded his parents cabin and separated the cabin from the lake…they came here every spring for two weeks…they had come every year that Renave could remember…so all was as familiar to him as his own skin…as he walked the edge of the shore he heard a small noise that did not belong the gentle awakenings of the earth…up ahead he sees the soft outline of a girl…he shrugs and guesses she rents one of the other cabins in the area and goes to keep walking…but her soft “hello” stops him…he turns to respond and sees that this little girl is really a teen of his own age…her form is slight and her dark locks catch the moon so radiantly it takes his breath away…and yet just as quickly as it is gone his breath returns to allow him to greet her in return…conversation seems to bubble out of both like a fountain…no sense of time is present only the other person…she destined for an ivy league college in the fall to pursue a degree in criminal law…him off to see what life has in store for him in whatever adventure he can find…each envious of the others plans but happy with their own as well…without warning the night is suddenly filled with the mellifluous sounds of falling rain…they are quickly soaked to the skin…with an abrupt gasp Renave gets to his feet and holds out his hand to this fair maiden…”dance with me” he whispers…without a word of protest as to how silly or cliché it is to do so…or a complain that there is no music…she places her delicate hand in his and raises into his arms and as the rain continues to pour down around them providing the perfect beat the glide around the meadow in a world only they know and see…too soon the moment is over…a shy smile and a gentle word of good-bye they part ways…each with and aura of wonderment surrounding them…how did this happen…why did it happen…did it really happen…the pile of wet clothes on the floor the next morning tell of the nights magnificent adventures…why or how life gives us these little gifts who is to know…just cherish them when you get them…for they are what beauty looks like in it’s most excellent form…dance in the rain….dance with me…
© Copyright 2006 Phantom Tears (phantomtears at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1116278-Renaves-Dance