*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1120853-A-moment-in-1824
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Other · #1120853
This was a dream I had.
1824?

After waking from this dream. I wrote down what I had remembered from the nights activity. As I was writing I could not help but wonder what 1824 really ment. It was like burned in to my memory. Their, on the brown leather satchel was the number 1824 emblazoned on it.

starting off, I was in a bar with three other people. One being me, the other a man in old dirty Confederate uniforme, and the third was sitting by the window looking at us. This man that was looking at us was not bad or evil, just there. At first I found my self looking through the eye's of a confederate solider. This is when I picked up the bag and looked at it. I read the numbers 1824; It also had a symbol on it but I can not remeber what it looked like. After picking up the satchel, my field of perspective went in to third person. I could know see the two men. One of which I was. I had on the same suite the other confederate soilder was wearing. The differance in us was that I had on a newer version of the uniform and mine was a navey blue, Not light blue like his. We both had dark blue General badges on the arms. As we walked throught the bar. ( We walked like five feet) I remeber felling that I was trying to convence whoever saw us that the man in the older uniform was not a general. I was taking his place so to speak. He would not talk and I was the one who would have to talk if it came to someone asking questions. Thats why I was so worried about the man in the bar by the window.
Looking from the man two the window, I saw that we were next to a river and that a white building was going out in to the water. It look as if it was a place for river boats and ships to drop off their contents. I looked Back , away from the river view and began to walk. This was when I awoke and thought about what I had seen and thought. I went to my study and wrote this dream down asap!
Through out the day I found my self wondering about 1824. Why was this so important? I did not know, but I would find out. After work I went to the net and did some research and this is what I found. Before I start this makes me wonder if we have had past lives or we some how manage to see the past some how.

[b]1824[/b]
When in command Jackson was quite secretive with his battle plans. He was also punctious about his military deciplen. He generally wore old, worn out clothes rather than a fancy uniform, And often looked like a moth eaten field solider than a corpes commander.[b]( This remided me of the second man in my dream. The general wearing the old uniform.)[/b] In contrast to General lee, He ( Jackson) was not a striking figure or a good horse man, there for he rode a dependable horse instead of a spirited stallion.
As I read on, A second name appeared to me. A former confederate army solider, Captian Thomas R. Ranson of Staunton Virgina. it was said that he went to the tiny Mountain hamlet of Ansted in Fayette county, West Virgina and had a marble head stone placed at the unmarked grave of Jackson's Mothers grave. This was to make sure the site was not lost forever. Also not that Ranson was honored by West virgina by them naming Stonewall Jackson state paker after Ranson.
Here is all I could fine on our elusive friend Mr. Ranson. Captian Thomas R. Ranson of Staunton in Augusta County, Virgina was infact a member of the Confeterate army and served in the Stonewall brigade under General Thomas Johnathon "Stonewall" Jackson. During the american Civil war, Ranson servived the war and was best rememberd for his act of loyalty for his fallen General, stonewall Jackson. [b]( I am not sure if I played the roll of this man Ranson, But i just thought it was relavent to the story. I could have Just been a commen solider. But the next part really mad me wonder if I had really been their at one time.....?)[/b] The Cemetry that Jackson's mother lay is next to a river. This river is called James river and the Kanawha turnpike. The turn pike was build along with the river to incorperate shipments of goods, passangers , and other river shipments.[b]" In my dream I remembered looking at a building on the river. Well I found a picture and sure as shit. It was the same Dock I had seen in my dream. I hand never even known anything about the Civil war or who was in it. I do believe that At one time I was there. And maybe I am crazy... But if any one has any dreams that turned out this way please share with me."[/b]

Ascrow
© Copyright 2006 Valinteno (ascrow_flys at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1120853-A-moment-in-1824