*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124424-The-Fourspot-Invasion
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ed.
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1124424
The history continues!
To get the most from this you have to have read "The Civil War.

Ed.


Royal Records:

Section: The recent history of the Vreezpot Empire

Sub-section: The Fourspot Invasion

Written by: ACER


The Civil War had brought this country to the brink of collapse. We desperately needed to pick ourselves up and rebuild our world. Unfortunately, we didn’t get the chance until five years, and a rather nasty war, had passed. The reason for this is the Fourspots. They saw how shattered our country was, and declared war on us on the 20th of December 2057. It was a blow we all were expecting, and had prepared for years in advance. We would have still been prepared if not for the Civil War. Our army (bar the Chicodon regiment) was in vigilante groups, each hunting the other. When the attack came, they all had to band together. Unfortunately, that also made it easier for them to kill each other. By the First Battle of the Great Lake, the army was about ¾ its original size. Still, it was able to hold its ground and fight off the enemy attack, inflicting great damage.

It must now be noted that only the Empire’s army was involved at this point. Queen JK had returned to her tribe a month previously for the New Year’s festival, and the Kokiri, grimacing at the number of men they lost during the Civil War, wanted this affair to be none of their business, magically sealing the Kokiri Forest. Later on Queen JK did come back, to the great relief of Emalia Remoh (Ervan’s successor), and assisted her in some of the toughest battles of the war. The Kokiri also became involved when an invasion was attempted into their Forest, which the Fourspots did not realise belonged to the most magical creatures on the planet. To put it lightly, lets just say that a rather large Kokiri army leaving replaced the Fourspot party entering. None of that party survived.

Back to the topic at hand. After this attack, the army pulled itself together under the leadership of Kyan Vrezpor, the acting ruler, as no new king had yet been found. The forces were supported by the undead might of Ervan’s hoard. The Fourspots attempted another attack, this time aimed directly at the Capital of Chicodon, Elanza (recently changed after the destruction of the original capital during the Civil War). Ervan’s forces were pulled back to defend the city. His efforts were in vain, however, as the invasion was being led by the feared Fourspot Commander, Takomonox. Elanza was lost within a week, and I sadly note that during the battle, an enemy catapult scoring a direct hit on the City Hall killed Ervan’s sons. After this, Ervan took to defending the Great Lake in a bid to hold onto some of his county.

It was at this time that the aforementioned invasion of the Kokiri Forest took place. The Kokiri, rallied by the invasion into their privacy, joined Ervan’s army, helping to defend the Lake and even pushing forward the front line. There they were stopped, as during the push forward, Ervan was slain by Takomonox himself, during a vicious duel at the Battle of the Eastern Shores, on the 2nd of January 2059. So control past onto Emalia Remoh, Ervan’s only living child. She quickly began communications with the Kokiri, gaining their trust, and with Queen JK requesting assistance as soon as possible. Soon she would have her first taste of battle, against Takomonox’s evil hordes.

It was the 4th of March 2059. The place was the lost city of Elanza. In a bid to reclaim the city, Emalia led a desperate attack, backed up by the Kokiri and Queen JK. The fighting was fierce, and rooms were contested in the desecrated city. Eventually Emalia was victorious, and Takomonox was forced to flee to the north of the Empire. Chasing after him, Emalia fought many battles until she Finally caught up with him. Once again, the Plains of Veladin was the staging ground. The time was the 8th of January 2060. Both sides would use magic and weaponry in equal amounts. Only the strength of the Kokiri turned the tide of this battle. Using powerful magic they destroyed Takomonox’s defences, and Emalia’s troops swept forward, under a cover of ballistics from the Coconuts. Takomonox fled, and his army was destroyed.

Thus, the invasion was defeated. However, a dark cloud hung over the Empire, as everyone knew Takomonox would eventually return…
© Copyright 2006 Ed. (ervanremoh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124424-The-Fourspot-Invasion