*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124433-And-the-World-Stopped
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Megg
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Romance/Love · #1124433
A life-changing interlude
“Holly! Holly, wait! Goddammit, wait woman!” He yelled as he jogged up behind her. He grabbed her shoulder and spun her around to face him.
His breath caught in his throat as his eyes roamed her face. She’d always been tiny. She couldn’t have been more than 5’3” to his 6’1”. But for some reason, she’d never looked small to him until that moment with her shoulders hunched and arms crossed. Her forehead was drawn together; her little red lips trembling, oh those lips, how he’d dreamt about kissing those perfect lips.
Then he made his most critical mistake. He shifted his gaze to her eyes, and that’s what undid him. Those eyes, those big green eyes, normally filled to the brim with mischief and laughter were now sparkling with unshed tears. “Shit,” he cursed himself, as he closed the small distance between them and grabbed her by the shoulders.
She looked up at him, confusion now mixed with sadness. “Why do you have to be so goddamn beautiful?” As he kissed her, but as soon as his lips touched hers and felt the electricity, he pulled away. Looking at her again, with self-betrayal, anger and worry this time. “I…I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have…I took advantage...I…of…the situation…never forgive myself…um…” he muttered while staring at the ground. When he looked up her tears were falling freely. His eyes widened and his babbling continued more incoherent and awkward than ever.
“Rick?” He looked up at her questioningly as she stepped closer. “Yes?” he mumbled. “You can shut up now.” And before he had a chance to answer she pulled him by the shirt and kissed him.
And the world stopped.
© Copyright 2006 Megg (megg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124433-And-the-World-Stopped