*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1125348-Kitty-traffic-Jam
by Ciro
Rated: E · Essay · Animal · #1125348
Funny facts about my two recently aquired cats.
I have had one of my cats, Luna, for almost seven years and she is very used to our house. However a year or so ago, my elder sister received another cat from her boyfriend. This cat she named Snickers. Now, the cats have been living together for over a year and I have noticed several habits they have.

When we first got Snickers, she and Luna would fight constantly. Now, they just avoid each other at all costs. This is most evident when one of them is eating. You see, they share a food bowl. So when one is eating the other waits like they are in line at a grocery store. The first cat eats its fill and the second hangs back watching, but far enough back as to annoy the first cat.

They do this other places as well. They value both my bed and my mother's so if one is on the bed the other cat will lay on the floor and wait until the first cat leaves then steal her spot.

My older cat, Luna, is very interesting. She weighs about as much as a two year old and she has the attitude of my great Aunt Pennie. When we first got her she was suppose to be an indoor cat, but she would hang around the doors all the time and eventually she found her way out.

This causes several problems for the first time there was an indoor traffic jam. It worse when your holding a box. Try opening a door with one hand, holding a box with the other and keeping two cats at bay with a foot. Timber. Even if you manage to get outside, in the time it takes you to get the box out behind you and the door closed, the cats have disappeared behind the next-door neighbor's house.

We are moving in a few weeks and we've been packing everything in the house. All their favorite hiding places are missing. So they've begun to hide behind open doors or in the middle of the hall. It's great when your working in the kitchen and you get to trip over a cat trying to get to the pantry.

We took our cats to the new home already and they found new hiding places in fact they found so many, we had to shake food to get them to come out and then we found out that our cats can actually run. After chasing them around for about ten minutes, we closed all the doors and trapped them on the stairs. Them they jumped through the railing. Plop... on to the floor.

I have one fat cat, Luna, Two ton, or Chubs and I have one dumb cat, Snickers, Ralph, or One watt. I love them, but they are peculiar animals.
© Copyright 2006 Ciro (ciro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1125348-Kitty-traffic-Jam