*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1131747-The-Janitor
by deck
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1131747
A high school genius works as a janitor to stay hidden from the relentless Agent Johnson.
I work as a janitor part time at the high school I attend. I scrub toilets not for just a job, but for a hiding place from Agent Johnson and the government. They want me to help them. I do things with my mind and body that border on the impossible. I can divide very large numbers quicker than a calculator. I can also throw a baseball ninety plus miles an hour. I would rather just stay a janitor.

I accidentally shot and killed my father when I was thirteen. I was actually aiming at the man that raped and killed my mother. He ran away into the night, never to be found.

Foster care is an oxymoron. I have the scars to prove it. Agent Johnson rescued me from that two-year hell. He had me trained in the art of war and used my mind to defeat our country’s enemies. Innocent people died because of me so I decided to quit. Agent Johnson is still out there somewhere looking for me, waiting for my powers to expose my whereabouts. I continue to be a janitor.

I felt the blood flow in my veins for the first time in years at the sight of her. She is the most beautiful and kind person I’ve ever met. I am in love with Heather Hawthorne. Her boyfriend will not rest until he has destroyed me both mentally and physically. I saved him from drowning in the lake.

Tony Falcone is my best and only friend. All because he decided to sit with me at lunch one day instead of knocking my tray off the table. Tony cusses a lot. He cares only about himself. He is still my friend.

My neighbor Carl thinks aliens are after him. He stings himself with bees daily for medicinal purposes. He drinks beer by the gallon. He keeps the company of prostitutes. He is in his seventies. He is the one who reminded me that sometimes you have to just stand and fight, especially for something you believe in. I have decided to take his advice.

My name is Roman Swivel. I am a janitor. This is my story.

www.theplayerfactory.com
© Copyright 2006 deck (deck at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1131747-The-Janitor