*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1132242-The-Last-Scoop-Of-Ice-Cream
Rated: E · Short Story · Food/Cooking · #1132242
for a contest
The Last Scoop

As I sat in the cold, frosty show case, I wondered what my fate would be. “Always look your best,” They told us. “It's an honor to be eaten.” An honor, I think not!

What’s so great about being eaten? I have watched those tall things they call humans lick, slurp and even chew on my friends and family. It didn’t look like anything special to me.

I always managed to squirm my way down to the bottom of the container. I know it was inconsiderate of me, but it’s a cold world and if I didn’t take care of me, who would.

Now there was nothing I could do. I was at the bottom and I had no protection.

I looked at my tri colored body and knew I looked irresistible.

“I want that one,” a small chubby human called, as he pointed his fat little finger at me. “That’s what I want Mommy.” The human with the awkward cap and shiny silver scoop leaned in close and scooped me up. “Would you like a sugar cone?” asked the human who was about to end my existence. “Yes a big one with colored sprinkles,” demanded the chubby human with small beady eyes.

I felt myself being transferred onto a long pointy beige triangle. “Ouch that hurts,” I tried yelling as the human with the cap pressed on me, pushing me deeper into my coffin.

I knew my end was near. “Think fast” I encouraged myself. My panic got the best of me and my brain froze. I couldn’t think of a way out.

The little human grabbed the pointy beige triangle from the man. “This looks yummy,” he said in a self-centered voice. I saw his long red licking device come out from behind white marshmallow looking things.

I had watched that licking device devour my friends and family. Now it was my turn.

“Yuk,” I thought as his licking device touched my body. It felt bumpy and wet and it was taking me into the black hole of no return.

With all my strength and determination I pushed myself off with his next lick. “No fair,” cried the cubby human as he watched me fall to the floor.

“Sorry little boy, that was the last scoop of Neapolitan ice cream,” the man with the scoop declared.


© Copyright 2006 BonnieJoy (bonniejoy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1132242-The-Last-Scoop-Of-Ice-Cream