*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1132381-Roberts-Rules-for-Prayer
Rated: E · Article · Religious · #1132381
Simple tips for a more productive prayer life.
Despite the fact that I call them rules. You can have a full prayer life without following them. What follows are guidelines that I have used to have a more rewarding prayer life. I pray they will bless yours as well.

1) PRAY WITH GRATITUDE- When asking the Lord for something, always take time to thank him for what he has done for you before. Before we were even alive Christ died for us on the cross. We all owe him more than we could ever repay.

2) PRAY ALONE AND IN PUBLIC- We have all seen them, the hypocrites that sit in church and act so pious. On Monday they are completely different people. Don't fall to the temptation of only praying for public consumption.Pray also when you are alone and can contemplate what God has to say to you personally.

3) PRAY FOR ANYONE WHO ASKS- It is very hard for anyone to ask for help. In our increasingly secular world it is even harder to ask others to pray for us. When someone asks you to pray for them, do so. Intercessory prayer is a ministry which is both suitable for, and within the ability of every believer. When Christ brings you the opportunity, take it.

4) PRAY FOR OTHERS MORE THAN FOR YOURSELF- The Christian walk is about service! There can be no such thing as a selfish Christian. No matter how bad the challenges facing us seem, others are facing worse. Pray for others in your neighborhood who do not yet know Christ or are hurting. Pray for our nation's leaders. We are constantly surrounded by those needing prayer. Make it part of your prayer life to make sure they get it.

5) PRAY THROUGHOUT THE DAY- It can be helpful to set aside a certain time of day for prayer. However prayer should not be just a part of your life. It should be a part of your entire daily routine. Take a minute now and then to let the Lord know how you are doing.He misses you between conversations.

© Copyright 2006 Rev. Crutchfield (revcrutchfield at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1132381-Roberts-Rules-for-Prayer