*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1134706-Life-Is-Not-A-Work-Of-Art
by bobg
Rated: E · Monologue · Cultural · #1134706
Life as I have seen it and attempted to live it.
Life is not a work of art. But when the moment is there, you must sieze it, enjoying life to the fullest. Because life, like art, is a rare gift. Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

For the days of lonely hearts and lonely times are easily forgotten, when the moment is right. If we were to capture these moments and put them together end to end, they would represent only a small portion of ones life and the flame would probably die.

Spread throughout your life as they are, life can be an enjoyable experience.

As people live their lives, they will find they do some things poorly, some things
acceptable, and a few (very few) things great. Building on these skills creates the person that we will become.

The ability to give of oneself, is the greatest success mankind has ever achieved. Small things that we do for one another, become much greater gifts than people can ever buy.

A kind word, a smile, a helping hand, create a way to lift spirits much faster than anything else we can do for one another.

So smile when you can, help others if you can, and enjoy the life that you have been given. Spread some joy and happiness throughout the time that you have left.

Our world lies before us as the next day dawns. What will we do with it today?


© Copyright 2006 bobg (igottapebble at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1134706-Life-Is-Not-A-Work-Of-Art