*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1139059-Loves-Promise
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1139059
The love of two faithful Christians, and their soulbinding promise to eachother.
LOVE'S PROMISE


The bright round moon shone on the concrete in front of the small playground. J. and I sat close together on the sideboard separating the playground from the concrete. He slowly eased his long warm arm over my shoulders to "keep me warm". I cautiously, and a little nervously rested my head on his left shoulder, daring to get a little close but not "too close".
The warm night air smelt so fresh and delicious. I breathed deep and tried to freeze this moment into my memory; this sweet, sweet moment with my first and only lover.
We had only been together for a week, but had known eachother far longer, a year perhaps. I was so shy at first, but had fallen for him the moment saw him. I had actually FLIRTED with him at first, which is something direly extreme for me. But after a while I stopped being so infatuated with him, because I prayed to God that he would take the passion for this boy away, since it was overtaking my time at church and my relationship with God.
So there we sat, in the small church courtyard. Our second date, but it felt like more than that. Next to me, I felt J. getting closer before softly kissing the top of my head. A smile crept onto my face, and I almost giggled, but resisted the urge; he seemed so serious. Actually, he seemed a little too serious for me.
I looked up with a stiff neck, and warm shivers ran up my back. He looked down at me with no smile, then I saw his gaze move over my mouth and I blushed hard, heat so fierce, I would be amazed if he hadn't felt it.
As he moved in to gently caress my lips with his own, I felt my stomach failing and, every function in my body went lax. I felt his warm loving breath on my lips. My breath quickened, and my heart was pounding extremely fast, suffocating me. Just as his lips brushed mine, I pulled away, hot with shame and unwanted lust.
"J. wait." I breathed helplessly. I never thought I would be pulling away from my first kiss, but it just didn't feel right to me. "This doesn't feel right."
He gave me a confused, shocked look, but I continued before he could get the wrong idea.
"It's not you, J. It's just that......I'm a Christian girl, and the man I share my first kiss with, is and should be the man I share my last with. I mean, not to accuse you or anything, but you've had a few girlfriends before this, and I don't want to be 'just another girl that you've kissed'." My heart was pounding with anxiety, tension, love, passion, but most of all, faithfulness to my Lord and the promise I had made him.
J. looked back at me with those same heart melting caramel eyes, still looking a little hurt, but now, to my immense relief, somewhat understanding. He took a deep breath before answering, "T., I'm so glad I found you. You are so faithful, and that is what I love so much about you." He paused to take my hot hands in his and looked me directly in the eye with nothing but love. "I will be yours T., for the rest of my life. Even now, I feel in my heart that we were meant for each other. God gave me you, and I want to be faithful to him; let him know how grateful I am." He kissed me lightly on the cheek and wiped my hot tears away with his thumbs. He lifted my face to look at him, his hands still holding me.
I felt I would die for happiness. I had finally found my one and only. I felt it in my soul, and I thanked God with all my heart. What a loving God. What an everlasting promise.
© Copyright 2006 Palomino (horseeez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1139059-Loves-Promise