*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1139436-Geneology-to-Dust-Chapter-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Entertainment · #1139436
Emily Ovan will soon discover the secrets in her past, but for now- revenge!
Emily Ovan stepped into her office at Ovan Geneology. There she met her 8th client since the opening of her own geneology association. She thought it quite an honor.

''Hello Ma'am.'' Said a middle age woman Emily estimated around 42.

Emily flipped her long yellow blonde hair and asked, ''Hello ma'am, and what might your name be?''

''Serti, Serti Martin.''

''What a nice name!" What a weird name! "What line are you here to research?"

"I am here to research my mother's side. I have already followed my father's. Quite interesting actually..."

Emily loved people and had a zest for life, but she really didn't feel like listing to this. Yet, Serti went on anyway.

"Did you know my great- great- very great grandfather was fighting in the American Revolution?"

"No Serti..."

"And did you know that my uncle invented purple-blue glue?"

"No... how interesting!" Emily said pretinding to care. If she hadn't got dumped last night, she might of actually cared.

"And did you know..."

Just then the pre-lunch bell rang. Thank Heavens! 10 minutes till lunch!

"I'm sorry ma'am, but that bell means 10 minutes till lunch!" She put a fake frown on her face.

"Good then I can..." Serti began to start.

"Ma'am let me put it this way- 5 minutes till break!"

Serti looked melancholy. "Well, then I guess I should tell you the plan I want."

"Which one..." Emily's voice trailed off.

"The premium plan! You research all the ancestors I need you to and present them in an orderly fashion, and I will pay you 75 dollars!"

"Great!... May I see the money ma'am?"

"O.k. here you go!"

The bell rang again.

"Oh, guess that means you have to go! Bye Bye!"

"Good day, ma'am!" Emily smiled. Gosh! She thought. Thank goodness that's over! I mean nice but Sarai hyper!
She always said Sarai hyper because, in her day, Sarai was the hyper-active star of All This, a comedy sketch show for kids.

Emily drugged her pink patent leather clad feet to the Mess Hall in the square- shaped building she worked in and owned called the Ovan. She still worked because she loved to help people by tracing back their roots, but today she was regretting that desion.

Emily met up with her best friend Jill Massuvi at the second table from the right.

"How you doing after... you know... him?" the red-haired woman said.

"I WANT HIM BACK!" Emily screamed a bit too loud. At least him- Brad Gunkerz- didn't work there.

"I have a way to get him back!" Jill wispered and shook Emily's hand- a common manerism of her hers.

Emily smiled and whispered back, "anything!"

Emily was walking home later that night when she decided to stop at Brad's house. She put Jill in her car for backup.

Emily knocked at the door. The third knock a young, tall man with jet black hair was standing in a white robe answering the door.

"EMILY?" He shouted, surprised.

Just at that presise moment Emily took the pie she had behind her back and smashed it in his face.

"Ahhh!" He screamed. "Now I'm gonna gain 10 pounds! You..."
Just at that moment, Emily slammed the door.

"Did you get the picture?" She slyly asked Jill.

"You have NO idea how much I'm going to do with this!" Jill whispered slyly replied.
© Copyright 2006 ElovesYou (elisabethv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1139436-Geneology-to-Dust-Chapter-One