*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1140152-Truth
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1140152
The realization of a Being more almighty than existence itself.
I lay on the warm, soft summer grass, staring up at millions of stars. One hundred feet away and down a steep cliff a vast ocean spread out in every direction. Grassy hills roll in the wind, trying desperately to be like it's mighty sister.

Thoughts race through my mind. My surroundings, my feelings are too much to bear and comprehend. How could things so magnanimous and glorious and beautiful be explained? How could any person snare these fabulous creations unto themselves and selfishly think they have figured them out?

I spread my arms out and enjoy the relaxing touch of the wind on my face. With deliberation I pluck a long blade of the luscious green. Full of life. Could anything not already living have created it? Where did life start? Why did it start? Where did the stars come from...or even begin? Is it even remotely possible that 'something' could be created out of 'nothing'? Common sense tells us that things can't just arise from nothing, with no force or power to make it be.

I laugh softly at the foolishness of the 'intelligent', and wonder how their 'answers' could explain the beginning of all things. How grateful I feel to know the truth. To know the answer to almost every question in my mind. How many atheists, scientists and nonbelievers could say they feel that relief? That absolute fulfilling of the soul?


That night I prayed with all my heart for all the lost souls out there—souls that didn't even realize they were lost. Souls that would soon come to realize their mistake, but only when its too late. I prayed that their hearts be opened to the truth. I prayed they would soon find it, or perish. I thanked God for all the wonderful creations He made with His mighty hand. I thanked Him for giving me truth...and I was comforted.



If you are not a Christian, but you feel a longing to know that relief and truth, all you have to do is accept it. For no matter if you do or not, it is the truth. Realize your sin, and ask God for forgiveness. No matter what you've done or believe now, it doesn't matter in his eyes. That longing you feel is God calling to you. Don't ignore him. He loves you so much that he sent Jesus before you to die a painful death so that you wouldn't have to. You can thank him right now. Just ask him to come into your life and show you the truth, and you'll be saved. Once you've done that, don't stop. Go further and learn more about God and all the amazing things Jesus has done for you. A good place to start is to read the New Testament in the Bible, and find some Christian people that you know and ask them for encouragement. Don't worry, you're not alone. God is with you always, even when you don't realize it.
God Bless
© Copyright 2006 Palomino (horseeez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1140152-Truth