*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1141342-One-Night
Rated: E · Other · Nature · #1141342
I peered out my window into the luminous twilight...
I peered out my window into the luminous twilight. Never had I seen such a beautiful night sky. There was not a cloud in the heavens, leaving the darkness clear for the stars to shine bright. Tonight the stars were different; their glow was of a pure white, as if the angels themselves have hung rows and rows of pearl beaded necklaces across the horizon. It was such a treat to sit and watch the enchanting night sky. Then, looking out a tad bit more, I could see the moon. I sighed in delight when I saw that crescent shaped figure gleaming as far as the eye can see. Accompanying the solid black sky, the captivating radiance of the stars, and the delicate strip of the moon, was the sounds. The sounds of the calm midnight breezes lightly whipping the trees; The sounds of the crickets singing a quiet little melody; The sounds that were slowly settling me to sleep. I took one long last look at the surrounding sky and gently shut my eyes…
© Copyright 2006 Journey (er916 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1141342-One-Night