*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1141622-Thanks-for-Dinner-You-Were-Delicious-1
Rated: E · Poetry · Adult · #1141622
This is a poem about a man and a woman's experience at dinner.
THANKS FOR DINNER, YOU WERE DELICIOUS PART 1


The first time we met, we hugged each other. Then we made love without loving each other. We fell in love; we touched each other. I said I like you; we trust each other. I modeled for her. She stripped for me. We made the news and a DVD. We took pictures. We painted portraits. We created art. I took her mind, she took my body, I saved her heart. I became Leonardo Da Vinci and she Mona Lisa. I became lost in her jungle refusing to release her. I became Quixote and she became quixotic. I was Mr. Handsome and she was Ms. Exotic. We turned grapes into wine and then we drunk it. I whispered in her ear and said how you want. She said any way you can give it; just know I want it. I was especially turned on by the way she drunk it.

We became the match made in heaven that ended up on earth. I gave her life; she gave me birth. Our lovemaking was a gift and a curse. I said I loved her, she said it first. I came from work and then I changed, she lied on the bed; we played this game. I was Ike Turner; I gave her pain. She was Gingko Biloba; she gave me brains. I blew her back out, and then left her resting, Men were made for love and Women made for sexing. Men were made for love but here’s a correction. We didn’t make love, we made perfection. All night long, off Usher’s confessions. Her suburb smiles, my urban expressions. Her ghetto slang; my proper diction. We made a story that night, if fact was fiction. We worked out; we worked up a sweat. The way her body moved, I was impressed. Her love, her passion, her Jesus Juice. To me it tasted like passion fruit. I taught, she listened, we learned from cable. She taught, I listened, we broke the table. We made boxing history when we showed up at Tarver Hopkins. We were an odd couple like Carmen and Rodman.

I wrote poetry, she played the piano and then we slow danced like ordinary people. We went fast and we went slow. We took it amateur. We took it pro. I called her later, to let her know. It was good in the rain but great in the snow. First, I came slow but she came slowly. I let go but she said hold me. She was hooked but wouldn’t let go of me. I hit 81 back shots like I was Kobe. I mowed the lawn; she counted pictures. I took a shower; she washed the dishes. It was sloppy, steamy, sweaty and vicious; so Thanks for Dinner, You Were Delicious.
© Copyright 2006 Gordon Carmichael (cartel2001 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1141622-Thanks-for-Dinner-You-Were-Delicious-1