*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1141975--When-I-think-of-the-goodness
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Preface · Inspirational · #1141975
This is for my Mother- Doree Zenell Conley, because her life was for everyone else.
This is the story of my mother. I cannot say that I will tell as she would have, but she died before completing it. I feel as her only child I should do something to honor her properly. In this story you will find heartache, sickness, death, and all the other tradgedies of life, but with ithat you will also find hope, love, triumph, strength, and peace.

My mother's name was Doree Zenell Hamlett Conley, she was stricken with a disease called Scleroderma, which you will read was not an easy hill to climb. It affects only 50,000 to 100,000 people in the USA and is most common among women. "Scleroderma (means "hard skin") is a rare connective tissue disorder characterized by abnormal thickening of the skin. It is generally considered to be an auto-immune disorder." At least that's what the books say, but consider it a lifetime of pain for my mother and me.

Doree was a strong passionate woman, who held fast to her beliefs and had an unyielding faith to GOD. No matter the obstacle my mother maintained and was a rock to all that she met, some us actually broke ourselves upon her. She never complained. She lived each day as only she learned how from being ill since the age of sixteen, she even trien to wite this story but the disease in her body would not allow her hands to fuction long enough. She loved deeply, gave her all, and once her ship came t the banks of jordan, she died peacefully.

I am her daugher, and this is her story........
© Copyright 2006 dorees daughter (doreesdaughter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1141975--When-I-think-of-the-goodness